• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    She is a lying sack of shit. No one would purposely grab her ass.
    :innocent0

oldcrowbourbon175__13810__16861.1358534160.1280.1280.jpg

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    So this is a pretty disappointing thread...

Her appearance, and your like or dislike of it, doesn't exclude her from being sexually harassed. I am sure it happened and that things like it continue to happen.

She may be a nut job, but that doesn't mean it's ok for stuff like that to happen. Her being a Democrat doesn't make it ok either. This is ingrained in everyone in power, that it is ok to harass those with less power. It is about power, not sex.

Her getting herself in legal trouble about the exposure certainly doesn't help anything become more open. Her decision after talking to a more senior female just perpetuates the cycle. Everyone needs to do better.

This disintegrating into bashing her appearance and how you would need a ton of booze to touch her is crass. No one deserves that. Think if she was your daughter and people were saying that.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And it looks like Mike Miller is going to investigate separately from the already perpetually investigating Coven of Old MGA Crones.
    HARASSMENT COMMISSION TO BE FORMED: Maryland’s top lawmakers will form a commission to strengthen the General Assembly’s policy on sexual harassment, examining ways to prevent misconduct and how best to handle complaints, Senate President Mike Miller (D-Calvert) said Tuesday. Ovetta Wiggins of the Post reports that the Women Legislators of Maryland caucus created a panel over a year ago to look into how the legislature deals with harassment. It was unclear whether the commission and the women’s caucus will work together.
    * Emphasis added

http://marylandreporter.com/2018/01/10/state-roundup-january-10-2018/

This could get interesting soon.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    And it looks like Mike Miller is going to investigate separately from the already perpetually investigating Coven of Old MGA Crones.

This could get interesting soon.

Examining "how best to handle complaints" is the new code phrase for, "how to keep it below the radar and keep the perp in office."

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    So this is a pretty disappointing thread...

Her appearance, and your like or dislike of it, doesn't exclude her from being sexually harassed. I am sure it happened and that things like it continue to happen.

She may be a nut job, but that doesn't mean it's ok for stuff like that to happen. Her being a Democrat doesn't make it ok either. This is ingrained in everyone in power, that it is ok to harass those with less power. It is about power, not sex.

Her getting herself in legal trouble about the exposure certainly doesn't help anything become more open. Her decision after talking to a more senior female just perpetuates the cycle. Everyone needs to do better.

This disintegrating into bashing her appearance and how you would need a ton of booze to touch her is crass. No one deserves that. Think if she was your daughter and people were saying that.

Well... you may have a point about the sophomoric humor on the board... I'm as guilty of that as anyone else, but I don't think you should take that as our membership excusing or dismissing the seriousness of sexual harassment. I don't think you will find anyone here who thinks that is OK.

Part of the issue is that Ms. Kelly has a serious credibility problem. Did it happen the way she said it did? I don't know. I question her character, but that doesn't mean what she said is untrue. If the charges are real, then the perpetrator(s) need to be outed and punished. Some of the cynicism you see here is with the politics of the MD GA.... if the alleged harasser(s) had an R by their name, they would have already been outed, tarred, and feathered by the leadership. As it stands right now, however, it looks like the majority party is protecting one of their own. It is a good old boy's club for sure and I agree that has to stop; but it probably won't until we see some change in the membership and leadership in the GA.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I only dabble on here, but hubby is active. I appreciate much of the type of humor on here. I just feel there was a bit too much dismissing her claims because of her appearance, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. I understand her credibility is an issue. It makes this whole situation (not this thread) all the more frustrating. It is hard enough for victims to be believed, and then for them to get any kind of productive resolution. I am 100% certain that if he had an R after his name that we would know his name. So sick of this happening and it continues to be pushed under the rug even by other women.

[QUOTE=Doctor_M;5057961]Well... you may have a point about the sophomoric humor on the board... I'm as guilty of that as anyone else, but I don't think you should take that as our membership excusing or dismissing the seriousness of sexual harassment. I don't think you will find anyone here who thinks that is OK.

Part of the issue is that Ms. Kelly has a serious credibility problem. Did it happen the way she said it did? I don't know. I question her character, but that doesn't mean what she said is untrue. If the charges are real, then the perpetrator(s) need to be outed and punished. Some of the cynicism you see here is with the politics of the MD GA.... if the alleged harasser(s) had an R by their name, they would have already been outed, tarred, and feathered by the leadership. As it stands right now, however, it looks like the majority party is protecting one of their own. It is a good old boy's club for sure and I agree that has to stop; but it probably won't until we see some change in the membership and leadership in the GA.[/QUOTE]

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    I only dabble on here, but hubby is active. I appreciate much of the type of humor on here. I just feel there was a bit too much dismissing her claims because of her appearance, which is a huge pet peeve of mine. I understand her credibility is an issue. It makes this whole situation (not this thread) all the more frustrating. It is hard enough for victims to be believed, and then for them to get any kind of productive resolution. I am 100% certain that if he had an R after his name that we would know his name. So sick of this happening and it continues to be pushed under the rug even by other women.

:thumbsup:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

[QUOTE=Doctor_M;5057961]Well... you may have a point about the sophomoric humor on the board... I'm as guilty of that as anyone else, but I don't think you should take that as our membership excusing or dismissing the seriousness of sexual harassment. I don't think you will find anyone here who thinks that is OK.

Part of the issue is that Ms. Kelly has a serious credibility problem. Did it happen the way she said it did? I don't know. I question her character, but that doesn't mean what she said is untrue. If the charges are real, then the perpetrator(s) need to be outed and punished. Some of the cynicism you see here is with the politics of the MD GA.... if the alleged harasser(s) had an R by their name, they would have already been outed, tarred, and feathered by the leadership. As it stands right now, however, it looks like the majority party is protecting one of their own. It is a good old boy's club for sure and I agree that has to stop; but it probably won't until we see some change in the membership and leadership in the GA.
    [/QUOTE]

I know as one of the old man of this board (forum) that i would welcome you to post more often .
    I like the fact that you are coming in the forum and expressing your opinions , i also agree i am a little kid at heart maybe even a delinquent to some degree .
    Women in the gun forum arena are a breath of fresh air IMHO , it also gives us guys a reminder we have females on the forum .
    All the best and hope to see you post more often .

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Dismissing her claims because of the subjective nature of her appearance is not right.
    As a matter of fact, that is what is alleged against Women's March speaker, Linda Sarsour: http://dailycaller.com/2017/12/17/l...ual-assault-against-woman-who-worked-for-her/

It's egregious that people who are the victims of crimes are discouraged from coming forward with charges and seeking the appropriate venues for making their claims. It's wrong everywhere.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I have no issue with her looks , and credibility on that basis .

Whipping out the girls in public to make a (supposed ) point during a loud argument can make for credibility issues .

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Why does the legislature need their own set of special rules to deal with sexual harassment in the workplace? Why don't they just follow the same rules as everyone else?

They have a bad habit of thinking they are more special than other people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom