• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Anyone have an H&R Ultra Slugger 12ga or 20ga they want to part with?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Anyone have an H&R Ultra Slugger 12ga or 20ga they want to part with?
    Sorry, not parting with it. Love it too much. Shot doe Saturday AM with it. I have many MSR’s, precision bolt guns, a decked out 870 slug gun, and for some unknown reason I just love hunting with the H&R single-shot. Good luck finding one, I didn’t hear they were discontinued, bummer.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have one, but won't part with it. It kills Bambi like nobody's business.

The H&R/NEF brand should have remained alive. Folks are still seeking them out. Well built shotguns. And they were reasonably priced when they were still sitting on the shelves.

If Remington had any brains, they'd start production again.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    I have one also, 12ga. Pounded a doe this weekend with it, she went all of 10 feet, double lung and top of heart. I am considering parting with it but unfortunately not right now as I didn't find time to sight in and try my new 220 this season.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Why a now defunct Ultra when you can have a Savage 220 that can do this all day long(Four shots @ 100yds)?

Attachments

• 220.jpg
      220.jpg
      55.8 KB · Views: 385

BigBull

Dec 23, 2014
    St. Mary's County
    I have a 12 with the Camo synthetic thombhole stock. I would trade it for the same in a 20 if I could find the deal. I shoot a Savage 220 now and it has turned into a safe queen.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Why a now defunct Ultra when you can have a Savage 220 that can do this all day long(Four shots @ 100yds)?

I always wanted one of those. If I get back into deer hunting, I will be picking one up for sure. Friends of mine that have them absolutely love them.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Anybody know if the 12g and 20g barrels are interchangeable with the same receiver? I have 2 barrels but only 1 receiver.

They are supposed to be. But not all H&Rs are the same.

I have a model 88 from the eighties, that is not compatible with the current H&Rs. There was a design change when they got bought out

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    essex gun shop had one w/aleopold scope, it weighs a ton,looks new
    Weighs a ton is right. The 12 gauge model is actually a 10 gauge barrel profile, bored to 12 gauge. Thick steel walls means heavy ass gun. It’s so barrel heavy it doesn’t shoulder sling right, it wants to roll backward. I suggest using a Claw -type rubberized grip sling to help keep it in place.

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    Weighs a ton is right. The 12 gauge model is actually a 10 gauge barrel profile, bored to 12 gauge. Thick steel walls means heavy ass gun. It’s so barrel heavy it doesn’t shoulder sling right, it wants to roll backward. I suggest using a Claw -type rubberized grip sling to help keep it in place.

I took the steel weight out of the stock of mine to lighten it up a bit, but then put a 5 round shell holder on the buttstock like Inigoes. Mine is a tack driver with Federal 2-3/4" 12 gauge sabots.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Not to derail thread but has anyone restocked their 220. Only downfall for me, been eyeballing a new Boyds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom