• Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    Title says it all. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Yes. Long guns are either cash and carry or are banned.

Sort'a....some SKS's modified with a removable magazine fall under the copycat law and are banned as are those who have the box mag capacity increased to more than 10 rounds. But most, as imported, are legal in Maryland.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Sort'a....some SKS's modified with a removable magazine fall under the copycat law and are banned as are those who have the box mag capacity increased to more than 10 rounds. But most, as imported, are legal in Maryland.

That is true, should've added that caveat.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Sometimes I hate to add caveats since it is atypical. Yet I know of at least one person who may have run afoul of the law except
    his being warned.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Is it illegal to have a SKS with removable magazine?

I believe it would be illegal to install a removable magazine on a fixed mag SKS after 10/1/13, since that would be creating a banned configuration. But if you had installed the removable magazine BEFORE 10/1/13 then you are good go.

O_o

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    I believe it would be illegal to install a removable magazine on a fixed mag SKS after 10/1/13, since that would be creating a banned configuration. But if you had installed the removable magazine BEFORE 10/1/13 then you are good go.

O_o

:sad20: How do they know

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    How is an SKS with detachable mag meet the definition of copycat, or banned configuration? After 4 years, I don't remember all the details of FSA13 anymore.

unclebuck

Jan 26, 2013
    How is an SKS with detachable mag meet the definition of copycat, or banned configuration? After 4 years, I don't remember all the details of FSA13 anymore.

"SKS with detachable magazine" was one of the named regulated rifles prior to FSA 2013, so is now "banned". The original fixed 10 round magazine configuration doesn't meet the copycat definition added in FSA 2013.

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    "SKS with detachable magazine" was one of the named regulated rifles prior to FSA 2013, so is now "banned". The original fixed 10 round magazine configuration doesn't meet the copycat definition added in FSA 2013.

I see- someone said it fell under the copycat rule, but I see it is actually listed as an enumerated banned firearm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom