• ...and so much more!
  • razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Order placed 2/10/14
    Email from Faxon said uppers will ship this week, 3/11/14
    UPPERS ARRIVED 3/21/14

I have been in contact with Faxon Firearms and have set up a group buy of their piston uppers if anyone is interested. I'm sure lots of us have stripped lowers laying around from before last October and need something to put on them. Please see their website for all the info you need at http://faxonfirearms.com/. All the products on site are available with a 4-6 week lead time after order is placed. Pricing depends on the number of people interested. The more people interested and confirmed, the lower the price will be. The uppers will ship to me and I will set up a place to meet prob around the Annapolis area.

Retail is $1199 for an upper with a single barrel or $1459 for an upper combo with 2 barrels

Prices include shipping to me for local pick up or shipping to you will be arranged.

Prices will be $1026 single or $1286 combo.

Current barrel offerings:
    5.56.......12.5" HVY, 16" HVY, 16" MED, 20" HVY, 20" MED
    300........16" HVY, 16" MED, 20" HVY, 20" MED

A 12.5" 300 barrel is available, but is ammo picky when not suppressed, Faxon confirms 100% operational when suppressed.

Uppers are available in several colors and with or without logo.
    This upper also allows the use of folding stocks.

Please PM me any questions and I will try to answer them the fastest I can.

E29479F0-899B-46E8-AEAE-9439654E5B7D-11950-000011676DFBB0A6_zps87fde362.jpg

545DDC22-7BB4-47C6-95BD-B7AB2B568277-11950-0000116615BE6100_zps0dd71ceb.jpg

Have 5 confirmed as of 2/4
    Member.....................Color/Logo/Barrel 1/Barrel 2
    Order placed 2/10/14
    razorV23....................BLK/No/12.5" 5.56/TBD (PAID)
    CrawfishStu................GRN/No/12.5" 5.56/12.5" 300 (PAID) picked up 3/25/14
    Polecat.......................SIL/ Yes logo /5.56 16" Hvy/No (PAID) picked up 3/30/14
    pastryslayer................BLK/no/12.5" 5.56/5.56 16" Med (PAID) shipped 3/22/14
    kenpo333....................Red/no/16" Hvy (PAID) picked up 3/23/14

Last edited:

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    It sure looks like an interesting design. I think the best of the AR and AK is overused, but I'd sure like to try one out sometime. Kudos to you for trying to get a group buy going. I just wish I had some extra cash, but I just ordered a 12" pistol upper.

CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    From the site:

The BAU is comprised of the barrel, gas block, muzzle brake, gas piston, gas adjuster, and barrel trunnion. The only removable part of this assembly is the gas adjuster knob.

Does this mean that you can not remove the muzzle brake?

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    From the site:

The BAU is comprised of the barrel, gas block, muzzle brake, gas piston, gas adjuster, and barrel trunnion. The only removable part of this assembly is the gas adjuster knob.

That's a normal muzzle device on that barrel. It should come off the same as any other.

And I'm sure the rest of it would come apart as well, just not in the field (unless they did something retarded like blind roll pin holes)

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    From the site:

The muzzle break is removable. Thread pitch on barrels is standard 1/2x28 on the 5.56 and 5/8x24 on the 300.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Other than the catchy ARAK name, what makes this any different from any other piston upper? Does it have a recoil spring like an AK that negates the need for a buffer tube or something?

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Other than the catchy ARAK name, what makes this any different from any other piston upper? Does it have a recoil spring like an AK that negates the need for a buffer tube or something?

Yes, it operates similar to an AK, no buffer tube needed to function.

C9DF09B8-18D2-4300-9E8E-D3FAED53FE5B-12516-00001241F71A698D_zpsaac9878a.jpg

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    While I don't have the cash to get in on this right now, I will ask this:

If you don't have a lower to build it on, could you legally take a heavy barrel model to an FFL and have them build an HBAR from it, that they could then legally transfer to you?

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011

I did a lot of reading on this system about a year ago after I saw it featured in the magazine called "Recoil".

What makes the ARAK different from any other piston AR is that the ARAK was designed from the ground up rather than just adapting a piston into a direct impingement system.

The ARAK is pretty much an AK that can be attached to an AR lower.

If you look at the internals of the ARAK, they look like an AK would.

The piston driven AR design is far from perfect and it pretty much only consists of a modified carrier and a gas block with a piston. The ARAK is it's own design and the only thing it shares with your normal run of the mill piston upper is that it can be attached to an AR lower.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    While I don't have the cash to get in on this right now, I will ask this:

If you don't have a lower to build it on, could you legally take a heavy barrel model to an FFL and have them build an HBAR from it, that they could then legally transfer to you?

Technically, you shouldn't need an HBAR. The ARAK is not on the ban list and it's not a copy cat of an AR-15. Two completely different designs.

Good luck getting someone to sell you a stripped lower though.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Technically, you shouldn't need an HBAR. The ARAK is not on the ban list and it's not a copy cat of an AR-15. Two completely different designs.

Good luck getting someone to sell you a stripped lower though.

I think what he is asking is if the FFL sold the upper and lower together could it be transferred as a HBAR. I believe there are certain FFLs (Engage comes to mind) that can do this. Depends on their licensing. I am not 100% certain thou.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I think what he is asking is if the FFL sold the upper and lower together could it be transferred as a HBAR. I believe there are certain FFLs (Engage comes to mind) that can do this. Depends on their licensing. I am not 100% certain thou.

Exactly what I was wondering.

Because the lower is the part that's a firearm, I believe it technically is an AR15.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Interesting, I wonder if they would ever offer it in 7.62x39

I believe they are considering other offerings based on recommendations from customers. The 5.56 is prob the most popular caliber with the 300 being an easy swap of just the barrel, in time I think we'll see others. I am almost certain I read somewhere that a .22 is in development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom