• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fredneck76

May 3, 2018
    Frederick County Councilman — and candidate for County Executive — Kirby Delauter put out a press release today saying that he is submitting a resolution that would make Frederick County a “sanctuary jurisdiction” for gun owners.

From his release that can be found at https://www.facebook.com/delauterforfrederick/posts/1936375283277829

“Across the state, we are seeing “sanctuary jurisdictions” pop up for the purpose of protecting illegal immigrants who have committed crimes from perfectly constitutional laws. This resolution simply designates the same status for legal gun owners who are having their rights trampled on by unconstitutional laws in Annapolis.”

Will other counties follow suit?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I wish we could address the real attacks on the second amendment and have politicians truly defend it rather than a bunch of headline grabbing publicity stunts.

That's all it is for sure. Frederick has had a libtard infestation problem for quite some time and this will go nowhere.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Yep...Frederick County is where all the Libs from Montgomery County have moved to to escape the Liberal policies and cradle-to-grave big daddy government and the high taxes that go along with it.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    His utterly meaningless proposal is designed to solicit campaign contributions.

It will work too.

People need to start demanding proven action before one more penny is spent on Maryland republicans.

Fredcohunter

Nov 30, 2008
    A little west of Frederick
    Yep...Frederick County is where all the Libs from Montgomery County have moved to to escape the Liberal policies and cradle-to-grave big daddy government and the high taxes that go along with it.

I lived in Montgomery County for a few years after living in Frederick County all my life. Couldn't wait to get back. Frederick County still isn't as bad as Montgomery County but its catching up damn fast......

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    His utterly meaningless proposal is designed to solicit campaign contributions.

It will work too.

People need to start demanding proven action before one more penny is spent on Maryland republicans.

While it may very well have the proverbial "snowballs chance" of passing... I would NEVER say that it is meaningless. Such proposals are cropping up all over the country right now and many have made it to advanced stages. AND it is showing folks just how ridiculous the "sanctuary" laws are in the case of illegal aliens. In one case at least... the libron hawking the sanctuary laws for illegal aliens actually made the complaint that the sanctuary laws for gun owners were illegal because they encouraged "breaking the law".

We need MORE of these offerings from our side... Enough of them brought to bear... just MAY cause enough attention to the issue to bring us some relief.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    He's 5 years too late.

Carroll and Harford already did this back in 2013.

-- Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Frederick County didn't already pass the same legislation back in 2013 when all the other Cool Counties did.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    He's 5 years too late.

Carroll and Harford already did this back in 2013.

-- Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Frederick County didn't already pass the same legislation back in 2013 when all the other Cool Counties did.

please explain? What is different in Carroll and Harford county? MD has state pre emption of local gun laws.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    please explain? What is different in Carroll and Harford county? MD has state pre emption of local gun laws.

MD also has preemption over immigration laws, yet counties are bucking that, and there's little backlash. I think that's the point of the statement.

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County

Here is a story on Carroll’s resolution. The short version is that the resolution states the County’s intention to not spend any County resources to enforce any aspects of the MFSA of 2013 which infringe on law abiding citizens’ right to keep and bear arms.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....are-carroll-county-a-second-amendme53293b0b60

I attended the public hearing on this, when Jerry Barnes was States Attorney, and Ken Tregoning was Sheriff. Both spoke in support of the resolution. Neither is in office any longer (and Barnes is deceased). Commissioner Rothschild spearheaded the resolution. The audience was told by Mr. Barnes that this did not mean residents in Carroll could openly flaunt the law without consequences. What it did mean was that he as the prosecutor had discretion when deciding whether to prosecute trivial cases involving technical violations of MFSA against otherwise law-abiding citizens.

So far as I know, the resolution is still in effect. What is unknown is what practical effect it has had, i.e. whether it has prevented any actions from being taken against any firearm owners for violations of the MFSA which would likely have been prosecuted in other jurisdictions.

Maybe Commissioner Rothschild has insight into that question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    Here is a story on Carroll’s resolution. The short version is that the resolution states the County’s intention to not spend any County resources to enforce any aspects of the MFSA of 2013 which infringe on law abiding citizens’ right to keep and bear arms.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/patch....are-carroll-county-a-second-amendme53293b0b60

I attended the public hearing on this, when Jerry Barnes was States Attorney, and Ken Tregoning was Sheriff. Both spoke in support of the resolution. Neither is in office any longer (and Barnes is deceased). Commissioner Rothschild spearheaded the resolution. The audience was told by Mr. Barnes that this did not mean residents in Carroll could openly flaunt the law without consequences. What it did mean was that he as the prosecutor had discretion when deciding whether to prosecute trivial cases involving technical violations of MFSA against otherwise law-abiding citizens.

So far as I know, the resolution is still in effect. What is unknown is what practical effect it has had, i.e. whether it has prevented any actions from being taken against any firearm owners for violations of the MFSA which would likely have been prosecuted in other jurisdictions.

Maybe Commissioner Rothschild has insight into that question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for posting this! I didn't know about it, but thinking like this is why we just moved to Carroll.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Baltimore city has a lot of gun owners that are not prosecuted.

That's probably not what you meant.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom