BREAKING: Federal Lawsuit Filed Challenging Trump Bump-Stock Ban; Injunction Sought

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    I'm a little lost here. According to what I'm reading they all say the same thing. A single pull of the trigger. Even with the"bump stock"you only get one shot every time your finger pulls the trigger. It might arguably be faster using a bump stock but it's still only one pull of the trigger. I know I'm not the brightest bulb around but would appreciate if someone could explain how an accessory to a firearm then makes that said firearm a prohibited item. Fully automatic, far from it.

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I'm a little lost here. According to what I'm reading they all say the same thing. A single pull of the trigger. Even with the"bump stock"you only get one shot every time your finger pulls the trigger. It might arguably be faster using a bump stock but it's still only one pull of the trigger. I know I'm not the brightest bulb around but would appreciate if someone could explain how an accessory to a firearm then makes that said firearm a prohibited item. Fully automatic, far from it.

Bump stocks increase the lethality of child death killing machines of war.

So there... :rolleyes:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    ATF: we cannot define machine gun, but we know it when we see it. Or, not. Oh wait, yes. I am not sure how it helps their case to go over all the ways they mis/re interpreted various words in the statute to suit their needs.

HaveBlue

HaveBlue
    Dec 4, 2014
    Virginia
    Anyone know what the basis is for the governments assertion that a bump stock was used in Las Vegas?

Should the government be required to provide an official report or supporting evidence for something so crucial to their case?

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Las Vegas is irrelevant, except that it brought bump stocks into the limelight. I think it is incontrovertible that there was at least one bump stock present in that hotel room, therefore "presumed guilty" for all bump stocks.

Every reason given in their rationalization is completely false. They can ban anything they want to, for no reason at all, but, damn it, call them out on their lies on this and make them admit they are banning it just because they want to.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    The slippery slope is Semi Autos as a whole. Imagine, using excess energy to cycle an action faster. This is more than a foot in the door.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC

It takes some mental gymnastics, but I believe they are claiming the bumpstock allows the bullet to be fired by the gun trigger pressing against the finger rather than the finger pressing against the trigger.

The finger can be stationary while the gun moves, so it is a machine gun.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    It takes some mental gymnastics, but I believe they are claiming the bumpstock allows the bullet to be fired by the gun trigger pressing against the finger rather than the finger pressing against the trigger.

There goes that finger. Cut it off and turn it in. Now the semi-auto foot in door as described above.

I still don't know what a bumpstock is. Seems like the definition is kind of open.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010

Interesting. I wonder if ones finger is actually stationary. Make them commit to that and then...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    So is there destruction date still sometime next week, or is it on hold because of court proceedings?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So is there destruction date still sometime next week, or is it on hold because of court proceedings?

SSS, and wait on the pleasure of the Court.

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

The effective date of the new regulation is Tuesday March 26th, although that may not be the effective date given that the acting attorney general may not have been lawfully appointed. While the new attorney general did approve the new regulation, the effective date may change because if it.

No court to my knowledge has put this date on hold. The DC courts have all denied any preliminary injunction that addresses this issue. The 6th circuit has not issued any ruling as of yesterday.

see https://gunowners.org/alert31919/ for an update on the 6th circuit case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom