• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    This is true, even if many of the liberals/progressives really are dumb/brainwashed enough to not realize that's a necessary part of the things they claim to value. The "Green New Deal" is the most fantastically stark, dramatic manifestation of that we've ever seen. It's a wonderful talking point to perhaps educate a few moderate people, but only a few.

Here's where you're wrong. I know this. I live amongst and painfully interact with the sort of people in question on a regular basis. They are NOT thinking, at all, that there are armed citizens in between them and the utopian society they visualize. They are aware that there is a small percentage of the state's population that are bitterly clinging to their guns, blah blah blah, but THEY DON'T CARE. Not about the guns, per se. They have no notion that somehow that duck hunter out in Easton or the guy who has a pistol under the counter in his liquor store in Westminster are going to violently start shooting liberal politicians down in the street. They find the idea of a fistful of OFWGs shaking their fists at them to be the OPPOSITE of scary or an obstruction - they find it to be helpful to their movement. Because they've already won and completely control the lawmaking process in the state, and having a fading generation of bitter clingers complaining about it is exactly what they need to prove to themselves they're on the side of the angels.

Truly. You have to believe me on this. THEY ARE NOT AFRAID of some guys with guns stopping what they believe is the simple, normal, appropriate evolution of society and government towards what they value. It doesn't even occur to them that the sheriff or the county cops or state police or the FBI or god forbid the national guard couldn't overwhelmingly deal with what they believe would be a bunch of delusional cranks holed up a barn somewhere. Really, this is how they think. It doesn't matter if they're right or wrong, or if you could muster thousands of people to go sling lead in the street to show them they're wrong. The point is that this is how they see things, and it informs how and why they're going about their legislative agenda with that veto-proof majority they hold.

They don't see 40+ other states with shall-issue carry laws as being an example of how Maryland should be. This doesn't occur to them. They see those 40+ states as clueless children that need the noble progressives in MD, CA, NY & NJ to show them the way.

All of the talk of violent revolt against these people PLAYS DIRECTLY INTO THEIR HANDS. To them (and to the vast majority of the media) it proves them right about everything they say. Only a SCOTUS smackdown, hard and unambiguous, will force them to confront their counter-constitutional instincts. Which is, alas, where we need to put our resources. Testimony against these bills is philosophically vital. Voting for rational people is essential. But in Maryland, neither will do ANYTHING to change the hearts and minds of the large super majority we're up against in this state. Opposition from our side, soaked in violent rhetoric and promises to use the guns the liberals hate against them - that will only attract even more Bloomberg bucks to make them more comfortable in their assumption of righteousness. Talking about litigation gives them something to think about. Talking about killing them gives them something crow about, because it's exactly what they want, as it makes their case better than they could themselves.

This is so well-said, it should be 'sticky' to remind all the anarchists and McVeigh-wannabes here that fantasizing about and advocating armed resistance is just pure, unadulterated BS in this day and age.

You knocked it out of the park, Occam. Again.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    They wouldn't even bat an eye. I was there in 2013, they were laughing at us.

Yeah, 50,000 demonstrators would clog up Annapolis like never before. Yeah, they wouldn't bat an eye. lol They wouldn't even be able to use the sidewalks and traffic would be abysmal. They would surely notice and the protest would be talked about for decades.

The number of people that protested FSA2013, all 3,000 of them, made the news and it has been talked about plenty. Now, imagine 50,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    On an aside, there is one thing in this mess that makes me smile. We (the MDS community) are engaging in the EXACT same discussions that our founders engaged in in the 1770s. We are wrestling with the same issues and struggling with the same moral dilemmas. Essentially it comes down to when do we light the fuze? I take some comfort in knowing that these paths have been trodden before by men wiser than we. I hope that God will bless our actions and decisions. While I pray that we can make them listen to our words, it may come down to our actions. As the motto of our state says, "Fatti maschii, parole femine". We may need both.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I often wonder why we see so many fighting age men leave other countries and come to the US . I say to myself why don't they stay and fight in the place they were born or raised . Maybe it is easier to flee the country and now maybe it is easier to flee this state like many have done from here .

If there ever is a need I will not flee , not just yet . I feel like leaving this horrible state . but it won't happen for a whole host of reasons , so I guess I will have to fight .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I don't facetwit . Is the MSI comunication in question posted to MDS , or if not could someone do so ?

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    This is so well-said, it should be 'sticky' to remind all the anarchists and McVeigh-wannabes here that fantasizing about and advocating armed resistance is just pure, unadulterated BS in this day and age.

You knocked it out of the park, Occam. Again.
    :thumbsup:

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    What happened at the Oregon standoff? Bunch of militants took a stand. Very admirable.

What was the result? The two ranchers slated to go to jail still went to jail and a good man was killed in the process.

I'm not stating if anyone was in the right or wrong. I think it was huge government overreach. However, the end result of children living without their father was not worth it and the needle moved exactly zero. ZERO. Then through the rational process Trump was elected and the ranchers were pardoned. Voting moved the needle. Not protests or signs or harassing elected officials. Voting. Novel idea.

You guys are off your rocker if you think the average American is going to think this is normal behavior and be in your corner. It's amazing people don't want to vote in local elections but want to go 1776 militant and give the leftists a chance to say, "See told you. Bat crap crazy gun owners."

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    We're our own worst enemies. We really are. While the opposition organizes and galvanizes voters, we sit-back, piss/moan, point the finger at each other and advocate for armed resistance. WTF. No wonder the other side is winning.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    I fear it may come down to what Reid talks about in this video while being at the Bundy Ranch. We need to mentally prepare for a scenario like this unfolding.

Skip to 2:45

[YT]Dl9IaQ4kynY?t=164[/YT]

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    The powers that be have already proved right here in Maryland that they will kill to disarm citizens if need be. No evidence, No due process simply based on someone's claims which could likely be false! It really can't get more Gestapo than that!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Many of my ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War and I will uphold that honor as well. I would rather fight it in my time than burden my children or grandchildren with it. For those of you who don’t like it or understand so be it.

I dont think you understand my position. I'm not saying to roll over, or that I support what is happening with our Rights. I'm saying it's not time for ME to pop the covers off the Pmags.

We are a country because of those who decided to take up arms.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Sounds like "Their house their rules" so if someone wants to spout they need their own Face Book page or if FB is doing the editing their own social media. Just like the Baltimore Sunny Fish Wrap shuts down the comments or people start calling names on MDS they decide what shows on their site. If you want to soapbox you need your own soapbox to stand on.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    I dont think you understand my position. I'm not saying to roll over, or that I support what is happening with our Rights. I'm saying it's not time for ME to pop the covers off the Pmags.

We are a country because of those who decided to take up arms.

Sir, I’ve seen your posts and think we agree. Just felt compelled to comment as I’m completely disgusted in the state of this state and not particularly happy with the direction of our country and what it has become.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    https://archive.org/stream/RulesForRadicals/RulesForRadicals_djvu.txt
    Every pro 2a person should, at bare minimum, read this. It is the playbook of our political opposition. "We've tried everything and all that's left is violent rebellion"....complete bullsh!t. Look at the organization of the anti-2a crowd and compare it to what we are doing. If you think we've tried everything and are still losing, you are blind and you lack imagination. Writing letters and testifying hasn't completely gone our way because in maryland we are flat out the minority and are not the dominant social pressure pushing our elected representatives. We have managed to get some VERY bad legislation changed for the better and others removed entirely.

So we show up every once in a while to annapolis for demonstration/testimony days...cool. What are you doing the other 364 days? Are you volunteering for campaigns of 2a friendly local politicians? have you organized any events that promote the 2a in some way(Ben setting up 3-gun at thurmont is a solid example)? How many moderate or anti-gun people in your life have you taken to the range or just engaged in polite(and informed) dialogue? Have you worked in the firearms industry? Have you engaged in the war of ideas on social media and/or started a pro-2a group of some kind?(Don's probably done more good for the 2a in md than anyone...paul and the rest of the mods too...through this site to advance gun culture and organization). Have we funded our own research to demonstrably invalidate the anti2a policies here? How active are pro2a people in education to win over future minds? For confronting ideological opponents, how are we influencing money spent in politics? Do we know which local businesses are giving money to pro/anti candidates and are those businesses getting rewarded/boycotted for their participation? How many of you write editorials in local papers or just verbally beat-down anti-2a trolls in the comments sections to help shape public opinion?

It's also important to know that peripheral involvement in organizations is a way to promote our cause. An example is the hoco school interest page. Oh, sweet...sounds like a place to go to get news about the school system. Only it's not. It's entirely run and modded by pretty far left people. They rapidly shut down conservative speech and have created an echochamber with it's own leftist culture that is influencing the school system and pushing moderates left. So how active are you, as a pro2a liberty minded conservative, in groups that influence institutions around you?

Talk of violent rebellion at this point is nonsense, when we have barely dipped our feet into the waters of societal change/political action, relative to our opponents. Learn from them, at least read their friggin playbook, and fight smarter. Understand that we ARE the ideological minority in this state and that unless we show the population that the anti-gun policies are not working, while presenting them an attractive alternative, we will continue to lose ground. We need to be better at influencing culture and recruiting people with no firearms experience into our world if we are going to do anything meaningful politically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom