• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What's out there ? Either in normal times , or specifically during the now endless Zombie Apocalypse ?

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    Dayton Rod And Gun Club. 38 yards 7 1/2 shot. .680 Choke. Their shoots start Nov. 7 which is a Saturday night shoot and then every Sunday until the end of March.

madmantrapper

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Carroll County
    Beaver Run Fish and Game 2909 Hughes Road Finksburg MD. Second Sunday and fourth Friday every month. 36 inch barrel max. gauged at .680. $30 for 10 rounds and a shot on the Grand prize. Extra on the Grand can be had for $5 each. There is also a winner take round and a scatter card. 30 yard post. Sunday shoot starts at Noon and Friday shoot at 7 PM. Need anymore info PM me.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Basic concept - Contest / quasi gambling involved in shooting a 12ga shotgun @ a stationary target . Usually involving who has individual pellet strike closest to " X " on center of target .

No overall sanctioning body , rules & procedures can vary at individual venues .

But typically distance of 50- 75 feet . Ammo provided by venue . Shoot pays certain amount per round or group of rounds ( individual matches). prizes can be cash , or sometimes meat . ( Harking back to frontier days when informal shooting matches would give live turkeys .)

There is a degree of chance involved , but the tighter your patterns , the better your probabilities . Venues may or may not have rules , or seperate classes involving the guns ie , stock or not , minimum choke diameter , bbl length, etc . Full blown custom guns can be " Interesting " . Folklore ( with a degree of truth) favors pre mid 1960's guns with fixed Full choke amongst stock guns

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    I've seen signs for turkey shoots. What are they exactly and what are the rules/requirements normally?
    If you decide to try your luck, pattern your gun on paper beforehand. I had 3 guns to choose from and the testing was extremely eye-opening.

Mar 6, 2019
    Are turkey shoots held throughout the year or in the fall and winter months? I haven’t heard of it before this but it sounds like it could be fun.

possumman

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2011
    Pikesville Md
    You will see whole families show up with one crazy custom long fat barreled shotgun and take turns shooting --often for 10lbs of bacon or a ham-hence the term "meat shoot"--usually the barrel restriction is specified and measured--it is a whole 'nother shotgun sport.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    Going to one Friday. Went to my first one last year, lots of fun. Use my Win model 37 single shot. It was my grandfathers gun. Won the money round at my first shoot, hooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom