• Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Discussions with NAAGA might best be undertaken at the grassroots level. There are significant trust issues here. Just like in a social relationship one does not begin with a marriage proposal. One begins with social contact, then dating, then increasing modes of intimacy, and then marriage. We need to begin talking, and then dating. This alliance is long overdue and would be immensely beneficial to both parties.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Discussions with NAAGA might best be undertaken at the grassroots level. There are significant trust issues here. Just like in a social relationship one does not begin with a marriage proposal. One begins with social contact, then dating, then increasing modes of intimacy, and then marriage. We need to begin talking, and then dating. This alliance is long overdue and would be immensely beneficial to both parties.

I reached out to the local head last January to invite them to the Deplorables Rally. In an email exchange he said he would like to talk to me more about it so I gave him my cell number. Never called.

Much like the Congressional Black Caucasians I don't get the need to have a gun rights org based on skin color or heritage, but it's a semi free country and people can do as they wish. I just don't understand why groups like the NAAGA and the Pink Pistols don't get involved in the fight locally.

You can bet the rent that if someone from their group or the Pink Pistols posted up here that there was going to be a demonstration or event of some sort and were sharing the invite that there would be a good many of us from MDS who would show up.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    The more law-abiding people we have pushing for enforcement of the RKBA, the better for all of us, regardless of who they are.

I noticed he sort of dodged the question about why have their own group and not just be part of the NRA. I get the feeling he might think the NRA is a bunch of old crusty crackers...hope not. Colion has been doing a great job as a spokesman and happens to be black.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Article about NAAGA on NPR. I had never heard about the group before before stumbling across this online.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/10/738...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20190710

Some see the group as an alternative to the National Rifle Association for black gun owners, but it has some notable differences. Organizers say it is a civil rights organization that aims to build community and promote self-protection.

Since its creation in 2015, the group has seen rapid growth with roughly 30,000 members and 75 chapters nationwide. Leaders expect another 25 chapters by next year.

I think with only 30,000 members nationwide they still have a lot of room to grow. I Looked up to see if there is a local chapter and there is one, but they don’t seem to be too active. Other states seem to have very high profile groups. Good for them. Maybe they’ll get some traction in Maryland. If the NRA keeps taking their eyes off the ball I’m ready to throw more money attention to other organizations that are working harder and smarter. Honestly I would support any Pro-2A group that attempted to make themselves heard in Annapolis.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I reached out to the local head last January to invite them to the Deplorables Rally. In an email exchange he said he would like to talk to me more about it so I gave him my cell number. Never called.

Much like the Congressional Black Caucasians I don't get the need to have a gun rights org based on skin color or heritage, but it's a semi free country and people can do as they wish. I just don't understand why groups like the NAAGA and the Pink Pistols don't get involved in the fight locally.

You can bet the rent that if someone from their group or the Pink Pistols posted up here that there was going to be a demonstration or event of some sort and were sharing the invite that there would be a good many of us from MDS who would show up.

I’m with you! Can you imagine the shitstorm if we created a “National White Americans Gun Association”? It would be called racist and white nationalism in a heartbeat! It’s nice to note that they’re open to multiracial membership.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I love this statement from the interviewer.
    “In response, conservative politicians have signed gun control laws that targeted the rights of African Americans.”

Liberals meanwhile have done nothing like that, ever.

:banghead:

While the statement is somewhat historically accurate, depending on which time period of gun control laws we are referencing. When viewed through today’s political lens, probably a major misstep by the NRA when they supported such laws like this back in the 60s.

I hadn’t noticed that quote in the article however and I went back an reread it, but still couldn’t find it. My eyes do fail me from time to time when trying to read on my small phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Article about NAAGA on NPR. I had never heard about the group before before stumbling across this online.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/10/738...ign=npr&utm_term=nprnews&utm_content=20190710

I think with only 30,000 members nationwide they still have a lot of room to grow. I Looked up to see if there is a local chapter and there is one, but they don’t seem to be too active. Other states seem to have very high profile groups. Good for them. Maybe they’ll get some traction in Maryland. If the NRA keeps taking their eyes off the ball I’m ready to throw more money attention to other organizations that are working harder and smarter. Honestly I would support any Pro-2A group that attempted to make themselves heard in Annapolis.

MSI could use your support. Check out what we do in Annapolis. https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/legislation-tracker

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    We have something in common!
    12355b5841a5f5caf614d9b990cad652.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members