• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Just coated this one today, lookin for feedback.

Attachments

• ak 007_edited.jpg
      ak 007_edited.jpg
      63.2 KB · Views: 412

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Strange, wonderful and bizarre all at the same time :D

Nice workmanship.

Dave,

I'm just the technical advisor...Jim did this one and the build on the AK. I think it gets black Tapco furniture at some point. A folder is next.

Can't make it Friday, but we're going to the Frostbite shoot on the 27th.

The inside of the big oven is pretty much done and we're waiting on parts. It's 3'x3'x6' and the top rack will hold at least 400+ lbs so we should be able to coat and hot cure a lot of things, ATV frames, engine blocks, axle housings, most any gun....and cook a whole pig too!!! We may do ceramic coatings if it looks like there is a market. I'm doing a Browning High Power today...but not in lizard....ya gotta be careful with your lizard!!!

Dave,

I'm just the technical advisor...Jim did this one and the build on the AK. I think it gets black Tapco furniture at some point. A folder is next.

Can't make it Friday, but we're going to the Frostbite shoot on the 27th.

The inside of the big oven is pretty much done and we're waiting on parts. It's 3'x3'x6' and the top rack will hold at least 400+ lbs so we should be able to coat and hot cure a lot of things, ATV frames, engine blocks, axle housings, most any gun....and cook a whole pig too!!! We may do ceramic coatings if it looks like there is a market. I'm doing a Browning High Power today...but not in lizard....ya gotta be careful with your lizard!!!

Good on the oven. I'll have the 870 ready for you by month end...

PS. I'm glad Jim is getting adult supervision

The biggest suggestion I can offer you is to "cook" the gun before you spray. We have an old kitchen oven that has a faulty thermostat so it gets up to 500-550 Deg. F. I put the barrelled receiver in there for about an hour. This cooked all the cosmoline out of those annoying places like the rear sight and the mag release. Then use brake parts cleaner in an aerosol can to blast the gun to get rid of any extra sand blasting media that might still be on the gun. Give it a final wipe with Acetone then spray the gun at about 100 Deg. F.

Heres a pic of the final product. I was just kinda experimenting with the snakeskin so the gun will probably have black tapco SAW grip, Galil handguard, and rear stock for Frostbite.

Attachments

• ak.jpg
      ak.jpg
      82.7 KB · Views: 321

MauiWowie

I have the SIGness...
    Nov 23, 2008
    Harford Co.
    I am a plain jane kind of guy...
    I like my firearms either two tone or all one color
    I'm not a fan of design's on guns....
    for some reason to me the grip stands out when I look at the pic my eyes are automatically drawn to the grip....
    I'm sorry but me no likey......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom