• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    Crosshair Customs (www.crosshaircustoms.com) Their parts are the same as the ones that SDtacticalArms used to sell. SDTA and CHC have flash hiders and muzzlebrakes.

For CHC compare prices: Solvent trap parts seem to be cheaper than buying Solvent Trap kits. :innocent0

Looks like CHC is going into the suppressor business. No more parts. I still have one more suppressor to build, and I need parts. Who is next on the list? The next build is for my ARs - 556/7.62x39.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Looks like CHC is going into the suppressor business. No more parts. I still have one more suppressor to build, and I need parts. Who is next on the list? The next build is for my ARs - 556/7.62x39.
    I need to build one as well. Need to find the parts. My stamp finally came in after like 16 months lol

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    They no longer sell parts for solvent trap or are they just out of stock? I remember my order took a while but they did send the Ti tube once stock was available.

oops... saw on their website:
    We have had a amazing ride with all of you but we are going to go into suppressors so we can no longer be your go to shop for solvent trap parts we should have the last couple orders fulfilled by the end of the week and thank you all of you for a great year in business

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Who's selling the hard steel or titanium tubes? The solvent traps I"m seeing are all aluminum.

I have stamps for 9mm, 223 and 30cal right now.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Who's selling the hard steel or titanium tubes? The solvent traps I"m seeing are all aluminum.

Another member here recommended Diversified Machine. http://diversifiedmachine.us

They have everything except “cough” storage cups.

I’m looking at the ASR Tube. It’s just about 2” shorter that my stamp length.

Edit:

Cups from these guys. https://www.jmpf.company/jmpf-company/1-370-Stainless-Steel-Storage-Cups-p75650926

Last edited:

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I got my last titanium tube from DM Machine. Much nicer quality than my first SD tactical stuff. DM Machine doesn’t always have what you want in stock , you might want to sign up for their email alerts. It’s worth the wait.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Melnic’s post motivated me to just get off my ass and finish my 2nd home build. I’ve had the stamp for 6 months. Just ordered the ASR tube from DM and cups from JMPF. I thought I had an Extra ASR mount but I cant seem to find it in the parts bin...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

Fyi. I got the DM titanium ASR mount tube in today along with the other parts. The machining from Diversified is top quality.

The JMPF cups are about .030 too large to fit the tube. I have to go back and look to see if I screwed up when I ordered or if the tolerances on the cups are just oversize.

Looks like I’ll get 5 baffles but I may shorten the spacers to add two freeze plug baffles at the end. I’ve been computer modeling the interior shape to see how much pressure reduction I would get with this setup.

ed09889811488fccd9adf943c6d42d04.jpg

I’ll just have to figure out some way of shaving down the diameter in my home workshop. I’ve got some ides on how to do it in my drill press.

Last step is to get the tube engraved and Ceracoated. Also thinking about doing it myself but may just take it to Zach at Hanover Armory.

Edit: couldn’t help myself

efa957e2695dc0a5ff4a95f40af2b357.jpg

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Found this cool fluid modeling software available on ipad (Android too, I think). I was able to create a few different sectional models of the suppressor design and see which baffle configuration caused the most turbulence and reduce the pressure the most at the exit port. Could be total bunk because I’m not an aerospace engineer, but it was fun to play around with a few different designs.

aea52133546cca752479b1d31ed124e9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Found a possible source of parts but involves re-purposing stuff. YMMV. The only missing part are the freeze plugs which are re-purposed as baffles. NAPA online for the freeze plugs. ;)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I decided to attempt to clean my first homebuilt suppressor today. I’ve had the baffles soaking the ultrasonic cleaner for hours and the first baffle is still caked with what I thought was just carbon. When I tried to scrape some free I realized that it’s actually solid lead. I’m having to resort to chipping it away with a pick.

So far I have been using Palmetto epoxy coated lead bullets and loading them subsonic. I’ve fired maybe 450 rounds through it. I’m guessing some of the lead is vaporizing and condensing on the baffles.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I decided to attempt to clean my first homebuilt suppressor today. I’ve had the baffles soaking the ultrasonic cleaner for hours and the first baffle is still caked with what I thought was just carbon. When I tried to scrape some free I realized that it’s actually solid lead. I’m having to resort to chipping it away with a pick.

So far I have been using Palmetto epoxy coated lead bullets and loading them subsonic. I’ve fired maybe 450 rounds through it. I’m guessing some of the lead is vaporizing and condensing on the baffles.

Hold it with some pliers, put a torch on it, and then see if you can melt the lead and wipe it off with a cloth rag. If the lead will go into a liquid form, it will be a lot easier to clean it off.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    I do hope the Dot5 Silicone treatment helps prevent that. While the article on the Silicone treatment was on rimfire suppressors, I do the Silicone treatment a day before shooting and makes cleaning a breeze.

For any stubborn gunk which is due to my being negligent in cleaning the Form1 suppressor used primarily for 22 plinking I use good old sandpaper and Canola oil with good results.

*The old Fireclean controversy showed similarity in composition with Canola oil. YMMV.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hold it with some pliers, put a torch on it, and then see if you can melt the lead and wipe it off with a cloth rag. If the lead will go into a liquid form, it will be a lot easier to clean it off.

That worked fairly well. I was worried that the process would create some toxic smoke but that didn’t happen.

Here is about 1/2 of the crud.
    53821c726cc8f3bdde95df16eb96acc3.jpg

md_al said:
    I do hope the Dot5 Silicone treatment helps prevent that.

Where do you get from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom