• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I just shot one at Big 3 East in Daytona and the gun is awesome. The gun ran like a top, no malfunctions in over 1000 rounds.

I really want one if these once they hit the roster.

Attachments

• A547E021-A8E4-430A-B94C-EFBFC66C9773.jpg
      A547E021-A8E4-430A-B94C-EFBFC66C9773.jpg
      54.4 KB · Views: 440
    • 64A4F0EB-A318-4DB2-9CD2-6C58457BEF7D.jpg
      64A4F0EB-A318-4DB2-9CD2-6C58457BEF7D.jpg
      140.6 KB · Views: 523

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017
    Welp, I just found out today that PSA will not be processing my order because their policy is to not sell complete ar or aks to Maryland. This is a sad day because I was able to order it, get the FFL ready, and then told that they wont ship it. I wonder if there are any MD dealers that have these or will order these for the future?

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Welp, I just found out today that PSA will not be processing my order because their policy is to not sell complete ar or aks to Maryland. This is a sad day because I was able to order it, get the FFL ready, and then told that they wont ship it. I wonder if there are any MD dealers that have these or will order these for the future?

A dealer should be able to order one. I shot an e-mail to PSA showing them that it was approved for sale. Let's see what they say.

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017
    A dealer should be able to order one. I shot an e-mail to PSA showing them that it was approved for sale. Let's see what they say.

I sent one as well., I even attached photos of the list that shows it is allowed to own in MD. Hopefully, they will use their critical thinking hats.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Can you have it sent to an out of state FFL and then have them send it to a MD FFL? Its an extra transfer cost, but it seems like a legit way to get it, plus you can get your mags from the out the out of state FFL.

I may be totally wrong, so feel free to correct me if I am.

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017
    Palmetto has been pulling that crap for years, now. I won't deal with them because of that policy.

I understand it is a policy. They are a private business. At the same time, I want them to be on our side. MD has a hard time as it is. Company's that make a living based on the 2A should also support the people despite their geographical location. I am torn. They have good prices at times, but they selectively help who they want. I am not sure what the problem is though. It isn't illegal. They claim it is not MD compliant, despite the evidence contrary to their understanding.

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017
    Can you have it sent to an out of state FFL and then have them send it to a MD FFL? Its an extra transfer cost, but it seems like a legit way to get it, plus you can get your mags from the out the out of state FFL.

I may be totally wrong, so feel free to correct me if I am.

I know PSA will send it to a MD FFL. But the FFL holder would have to order it rather than you personally. As for your question, I would like to know as well. Just looking at different options.

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017
    Does anyone know of an FFL in Frederick or Montgomery County that will be willing to order it on our behalf???

The_Emperor

Apr 16, 2017
    Welp, an update on my quest for the AK-V. They canceled my order stating that the firearm was not "compliant". This is off putting because I sent an inquiry, attached images of the firearm being compliant in MD, and they still denied it. An FFL in MD has to be the one to order it. This isn't too much of a huge problem, but the firearm is never in stock. And when it is, it disappears too quickly for my FFL to order it. *Sigh* I guess I am going to have to wait until the firearm is in full production from Palmetto or wait until someone offers a reasonable price on Grunbroker. From Gunbroker, people are capitalizing on the fact that Palmetto is slow on production right now. I have seen them priced ranging from $1000-$1400.

I wish Palmetto would hear our cries in MD. Palmetto is a good company, but low on the critical thinking department when it comes to laws.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom