• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shogunade

Mar 21, 2020
    Like in most cases regarding guns, this is my first source of info cause you guys know your shit and you'll save me at least three or so phone calls.

What's a fair rate to be charged for a complete AR15 assembly? No fancy parts involved; nothing extraneous.

I've been quoted $150 as the benchmark. Is this about right?

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Like in most cases regarding guns, this is my first source of info cause you guys know your shit and you'll save me at least three or so phone calls.

What's a fair rate to be charged for a complete AR15 assembly? No fancy parts involved; nothing extraneous.

Are you asking how much It costs for someone to assemble it?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Find someone that you can pay in ammo :)

The more Magpul parts you use the cheaper the labor should be.....

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Contact Julean at Baltimore Custom Guns.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Putting the lower together is very easy and straightforward, no special tools needed. You should do that and buy a complete upper if you want although they aren't difficult to put together either.

Shogunade

Mar 21, 2020
    Putting the lower together is very easy and straightforward, no special tools needed. You should do that and buy a complete upper if you want although they aren't difficult to put together either.

Yea. That's exactly what I plan on doing. No special tools? Hmmm...

Maher1510

Mar 23, 2015
    Frederick
    There is a ton of YouTube videos showing you how to put the lower together. That’s how I learned. Like others said, it’s pretty easy plus you learn how everything works.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I would say you check out SOTAR's industry partner page and see if / when his next armorers build class is. He will teach you everything you need to know about building the best AR you ever can.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Consider a class at School of the American Rifle. Clandestine will not only teach you how to assemble your rifle, but he will make sure that your rifle is properly inspected and that you will know exactly how to fix your rifle when things go wrong. You will be able to do all this in a well organized, clean work space. It is one of those expenses that is worth far more than you pay for.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    The lower is easy and straightforward except maybe for the bolt catch roll pin which can be tricky. Thats the one item you should get a tool for. Its not expensive.

Honestly, the little hands might be exactly what you need for the detents, lol.

As for the tools, many of them you should have anyway in the long run, for maintenance and whatnot.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Yup.

Theres too many little hands running around and I'd seriously rather not have to buy the tools, etc.

If this were any other time and depending on your location, I would’ve happily offered to help. It’s really not that hard but I understand your hesitation.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Back when my gunsmith was still in the area, he'd charge $50 to assemble a lower and $50 to assemble an upper with customer supplied parts. With that said, two local shops would assemble an upper for you if you bought at least one part from them, otherwise it was $25. $150 is a bit much, unless they actually did the whole gauging thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom