What did you do at your reloading bench today?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Sometimes seeing others at work motivates us to do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reloaded 50 350 grain Berry's with Tight Group

Just finished stretching my 50 Cal S&W new rig.

Attachments

• 20200723_160556.jpg
      20200723_160556.jpg
      90 KB · Views: 353

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Rolled 450 rounds of 9mm on my Dillon 650... god I love that press,
    It's a complete game changer if you shoot large amounts of 9mm and need a consistent specific load, especially with the case feeder and some sort of way to feed primer tubes more quickly. I recently upgraded mine with the Inline Fab bullet tray, and it does give a slight speed boost to grabbing bullets vs trying to pull them out of the box they came in. (I will eventually be buying a Mr Bullet Feeder, of course.)

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    Erwos, I agree.. I went from a Lee Loadmaster and never looked back. I added the double alpha case feeder, a primer shut off switch and a few other upgrades including the Inline Bullet tray, and their stand. Great stuff!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I’ve got Dillon Envy. 3hrs to produce 500 rounds of 9mm using the Hornady progressive press. I was hoping for 1000 but my right arm is done for the day.

a62b6cab752feba3e7628117f29dfebd.jpg

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    I keep my RCBS 505 scale on top of the safe. Always zero it when done using it. It is always stable.

Went to do some case prep last night and noticed it was off. The pan was showing light. I’m like wtf? Made sure the balance point was ok and everything was centered. Zeroed it with the wheel and went about my business but it was nagging at me.

So I took it off the safe and moved it to the bench to take a look. Nothing looked wrong so I took out the arm while holding the base and a long black bug with pinchers on his backend fell out. Problem solved. Always a good idea to pay attention to anomalies. Needless to say he got squished for his insolence.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    reloaded 50 rounds of 30/30

I have a marlin 336 in 30/30 which sees some, but not much use as it’s been years since I hunted. I’ve been saving my brass though.

If you don’t mind, which powder and bullet do you use. I’ll work up my own load, but haven’t started researching components...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I have a marlin 336 in 30/30 which sees some, but not much use as it’s been years since I hunted. I’ve been saving my brass though.

If you don’t mind, which powder and bullet do you use. I’ll work up my own load, but haven’t started researching components...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A long time favorite powder in .30-30 Winchester is IMR 3031. If you prefer not to use an extruded powder, I've had very good performance with W748 as well. Both powders are suitable for your standard 150 and 170 grain flat points that are the traditional bullets for tubular magazine safety, such as you have with the Marlin 336.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    A long time favorite powder in .30-30 Winchester is IMR 3031. If you prefer not to use an extruded powder, I've had very good performance with W748 as well. Both powders are suitable for your standard 150 and 170 grain flat points that are the traditional bullets for tubular magazine safety, such as you have with the Marlin 336.

Thank you very much. I appreciate the starting point! Have a great day

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    After recovering from my marathon reloading session last week my right arm was ready to hit the press again. I’ve decided to try and do shorter reloading sessions throughout the week. Got 200 more 115gr Berry 9mm done in less than an hr.

3a7be96be8a6050148718525e9d31e87.jpg

And I can just barely fit 200 rounds back into a box of 250 projectiles.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    98 rounds of 30-06. First time reloading. I lost 2 primers somewhere along the way. Can't wait to get out and shoot them and see how terrible I did!
    682a7e3000751fad63466351e4354cc6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I keep my RCBS 505 scale on top of the safe. Always zero it when done using it. It is always stable.

Went to do some case prep last night and noticed it was off. The pan was showing light. I’m like wtf? Made sure the balance point was ok and everything was centered. Zeroed it with the wheel and went about my business but it was nagging at me.

So I took it off the safe and moved it to the bench to take a look. Nothing looked wrong so I took out the arm while holding the base and a long black bug with pinchers on his backend fell out. Problem solved. Always a good idea to pay attention to anomalies. Needless to say he got squished for his insolence.

Sounds like you got the bugs out of it! :lol2:

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Hodgepoge

Loaded 325 gr, FPX, Winchester 375 gr core bond and Berry's 350 gr FMJFN All loaded with Longshot

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom