What handgun is currently NOT on the roster that you wish was?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Any NAA mini revolver with snub barrel. The 4" Earl is on the roster but it's one of the least-desirable models.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Well, I had to pass a Walther SSP recently because it wasn't listed. Hell, half the Olympic Free Pistols aren't, either.
    If you really want it, and don't mind others handling it and shooting a mag of ammo through it, you can purchase it and have your FFL submit it. Yes, you won't have your hands on your gun for a few months, and there's a chance that they'll reject the firearm (so you might have to sell it via GB and your FFL, out of state). I think the chance of the latter is small for models already in use throughout the country, esp if it made other restrictive rosters like those of CA or MA.

I've done this in the past, after first discussing with my FFL, who said they would help in the process (they need to mail it to the licensing board as you never take possession of course). The folks at the handguns approval board sent everything back (nothing missing - I took full inventory) in excellent condition.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    If you really want it, and don't mind others handling it and shooting a mag of ammo through it, you can purchase it and have your FFL submit it. Yes, you won't have your hands on your gun for a few months, and there's a chance that they'll reject the firearm (so you might have to sell it via GB and your FFL, out of state). I think the chance of the latter is small for models already in use throughout the country, esp if it made other restrictive rosters like those of CA or MA.

I've done this in the past, after first discussing with my FFL, who said they would help in the process (they need to mail it to the licensing board as you never take possession of course). The folks at the handguns approval board sent everything back (nothing missing - I took full inventory) in excellent condition.

Good to know, it was a concern I had if I ever submitted one... Would flat out be unacceptable and a shame to get a brand new gun not on roster (so most likely rare and more expensive) submit it and receive it back in rough shape.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008

The problem is that we're talking about $2,500 worth of Olympic 10-ring-shooting hardware.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The problem is that we're talking about $2,500 worth of Olympic 10-ring-shooting hardware.
    Yup, and I don't think an FFL is going to take the risk of buying one to submit in case the customer backs out given that the market for these is small. Thus if the purchaser really wants one, the risk is on the purchaser. Not disputing that the law is nothing but an infringement.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    Interested to see some of the various answers as most would be rare/uncommon

Personally I would like to grab a

Chiappa Rhino 30DS
    Glock 19 Gen5 (although that will be pushed for approval asap)

Later next year once released
    Hudson H9

I'm waiting for the Glock 19 Gen 5 to be added. Wonder how long it'll take? I had one in my hands today and fell in love.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I'm waiting for the Glock 19 Gen 5 to be added. Wonder how long it'll take? I had one in my hands today and fell in love.

I would hope it's already been submitted by one of many FFL's, next meeting is over a month away (October 19th) so hopefully by November.
    Can't wait to move out of this state, but it's gonna be awhile :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom