• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Got a BL22 that I'm very happy with. Was tempted to get another when they released them with maple stocks.

Winchester/Browning/Olin/Miroku should release a pump 22 again. The old Winchesters are commanding Python prices these days.

Hope to update this thread in the near future with pics of a pump 22 (likely a Remington).

In one of Hickok45's earlier videos, he shares a special 22 LR pump action rifle, the Remington 572 that he bought for his son on the day of his son's birth ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Henry makes a very nice pump action .22. I have the golden boy in .22lr and 17HMR. My next Henry will be the pump action.

Also have an old winchester 1906 that was my grandfathers. Functions perfectly.

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Henry makes a very nice pump action .22. I have the golden boy in .22lr and 17HMR. My next Henry will be the pump action.

Also have an old winchester 61 that was my grandfathers. Functions perfectly.

Buy every Rossi pump gallery gun you can find at a reasonable price. Especially carbines. Used to be able to snag them from $150 to $250. Pricing now is closer $350/$400

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Also have an old winchester 61 that was my grandfathers. Functions perfectly.

Throw up some pics of the Model 61 when you get time on the weekend. Also check out the prices on GB. That's a nice heirloom.

Apparently, John Browning was a 22 pump fan and the earliest designs come from him that the 61 is derived from. Winchester agreed to produce them as long as he went back to designing lever actions for them. As Jimbob2.0 mentioned, these were frequently called gallery guns, given their ubiquity at carnival shooting booths (even at Disney for many years). They often used a special frangible bullet in a 22 short case that didn't require ear pro and disintegrated on contact.

I'm attracted to the Henry 22 Magnum pumps as well. They're practically the only affordable 22 Mag pumps available, and Henry seems to have gotten over a quality control problem they had with these 22 Mag rifles a couple years back. With a rear Skinner peep sight, one has decent range and power comparable to a 9mm PCC, but in a very innocuous package.

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    I see a lot of auto loaders and bolt actions, but I rarely see anyone post anything on lever or pump action .22's in LR, or Magnum. I'd love to see some pics and hear some things on these. I would love to have a Henry Holden Boy in .22 Mag and a pump action in the same.

1st gun I ever owned was a Winchester model 250 lever 22 that my dad bought for me, probably came from Western Auto. Sill have that gun today some 45-50 years later. It would be the last rifle I ever parted with.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Throw up some pics of the Model 61 when you get time on the weekend. Also check out the prices on GB. That's a nice heirloom.

Apparently, John Browning was a 22 pump fan and the earliest designs come from him that the 61 is derived from. Winchester agreed to produce them as long as he went back to designing lever actions for them. As Jimbob2.0 mentioned, these were frequently called gallery guns, given their ubiquity at carnival shooting booths (even at Disney for many years). They often used a special frangible bullet in a 22 short case that didn't require ear pro and disintegrated on contact.

I'm attracted to the Henry 22 Magnum pumps as well. They're practically the only affordable 22 Mag pumps available, and Henry seems to have gotten over a quality control problem they had with these 22 Mag rifles a couple years back. With a rear Skinner peep sight, one has decent range and power comparable to a 9mm PCC, but in a very innocuous package.

Will do! Ill dig it out of the back of the safe. One day when I have time I plan to sit down alone and go through it and clean it up proper. I have never shot it. I will when the time is right.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    2011 thread resurrection ...How come so few pics of pump action 22s in this thread? :)

Here is my marlin 25s. They were produced only in 1909-10. Shoots 22 shorts. The gun is so small and light it feels like a little pea shooter compared to my 39a.

Attachments

• 25S.jpg
      25S.jpg
      30.7 KB · Views: 152

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    .22 rf semi's
    2, 10-22's
    2, Springfield 187J's,
    1, Marlin 989M2
    1, Sears Model 30
    1, Glenfield the one that looks like a tube fed M1 carbine
    1, Marlin model 60

.22 rf lever action
    1, Winchester Model 94-22
    1, BSA Martini action Model 15 Centurion

.22 rf semi pistols
    1, Ruger Standard
    1, Ruger MKll
    1, Smith&Wesson Model 41

I'll try to post some pics this weekend

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Here is my marlin 25s. They were produced only in 1909-10. Shoots 22 shorts. The gun is so small and light it feels like a little pea shooter compared to my 39a.
    Way cool. Didn't know about this model. Is this one where the magazine tube also moves with the pump when you use the action?

.22 rf semi's
    .22 rf lever action
    .22 rf semi pistols
    I'll try to post some pics this weekend

And Buildnburn, that's quite a list. Noted the 9422 and you capped it with a S&W Model 41. Really nice rimfire collection.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    Way cool. Didn't know about this model. Is this one where the magazine tube also moves with the pump when you use the action?

And Buildnburn, that's quite a list. Noted the 9422 and you capped it with a S&W Model 41. Really nice rimfire collection.

Thanks
    That doesn't include the bolt guns and I forgot about the S&W 15-22

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County
    Man, that's been on my want list for the longest time. Post up some pics!

Will try one of these days! It's buried in the back of the safe. It's bluing is absolutely beautiful with what I believe is hand cut checkering on satin walnut. Really a shame that Winchester stopped making them. I know they are worth quite a bit now. I paid $299 for mine!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Will try one of these days! It's buried in the back of the safe. It's bluing is absolutely beautiful with what I believe is hand cut checkering on satin walnut. Really a shame that Winchester stopped making them. I know they are worth quite a bit now. I paid $299 for mine!
    You ain't kidding about the price. But they're really special rifles too. Old American workmanship in a line that Winchester always treated as premium. Modeled on the venerable Winchester Model 94, and perhaps even more nimble in weight/dimensions. And some of the internal design is derived from the Winchester Model 61. Great rifle genes. The 22 Mag version is even more worth coveting given fewer were made even if it excels being shot from a model 94 style rifle. I realize that 38/357 levers are still all the rage (and have a couple myself), but 22 Mag is a serious round at less than 150 yards.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA

This model replaced the model 18 which was marlins first pump 22. It's also similar to the model 20. The mag tube is in a fixed position (not sliding with the action).

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Browning BL22?

I have a Marlin 39M and a Browning BL 22. The Marlin is close to my heart cause a now deceased older friend once had it....but i much more often take the BL 22. Nice slick, short throw. Also received a Remington pump 22 from my uncle that my Grandmother let him get when he was 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom