• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I realize that. The real question is there enough material left over. I'll find out soon enough once I get my frame in and can take measurements.
    That really is the question.. I don't have a gen4 slide, so I can't say one way or another.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    Yes, there will be since the exterior dimensions of the dust cover are the same on a Gen 3 and Gen 4.

Looks like once you get rid of that lip, very little should have to be removed from the channel itself.

https://www.all4shooters.com/en/Sho...ces/Glock17-gen3-gen4-005.jpg?resize=930x870>

However the Polymer80 chose a picatinny rail which appears to encroach more into the frame. I get my frame Thursday and I'll put together a drawing.

912842.jpg

Last edited:

judah7

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 18, 2017
    Do these work? I seen one video on YouTube with a guy shooting his and it was failing to go into battery, failing to feed and the slide wasn't locking back.

It would be nice to be able to have a legit firearm that you don't have to register.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Do these work? I seen one video on YouTube with a guy shooting his and it was failing to go into battery, failing to feed and the slide wasn't locking back.

It would be nice to be able to have a legit firearm that you don't have to register.

Post #116.

I hope to get mine to The Machine Gun Nest one night this week and run a few boxes of ammo.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I got a shipping notice from Brownells for a readymod on friday.
    I saw a post on FB from P80 in regards to Brownells having their first shipment and another was on the way. Not sure which models, but I'm sure it was all compacts.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have only run a box of WWB through mine so far, more this week, but I have had not a single issue. 50 trigger pulls, 50 bangs and a locked slide on the empty mag.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    200+ trigger pulls, 200+ bangs - no FTF's, 1 partial FTE (didn't kick the brass cleanly out), locks back on empty every time.

lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008

These are a hand built deal and people are using many different aftermarket parts.
    Sometimes not all parts work well together and some hand fitting is required.

Look up glockstore's build on YT and they show a little fitting they had to do.

But these frames will require much less of that sort of thing than the full size frames had.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I just got a notification that my stippled p80 shipped from brownells. A bit surprise by the cost of shipping.

Why? The shipping is clearly indicated before you click confirm on your order. It is also sent with the order confirmation email, along with the phone number and email address for Brownell's customer service.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    However the Polymer80 chose a picatinny rail which appears to encroach more into the frame. I get my frame Thursday and I'll put together a drawing.

912842.jpg
    Yes, that was my concern.. there is very little meat there where the slide cut at the front intersects the pic rail grooves. It may not be an issue if you don't 'use' the pic rail, but there is only about .080" of meat there at that point when I measure it with calipers.

Just finished a G22 clone with the large frame kit. Ordered a .22LR conversion and going to put it on a dedicated frame for a plinker and training. Works fine...although I didn't use the jig for the rear rails and I didn't use the end mill they sent for the upper frame media removal...I did that with a dremel...I got way better results although it took longer.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Just finished a G22 clone with the large frame kit. Ordered a .22LR conversion and going to put it on a dedicated frame for a plinker and training. Works fine...although I didn't use the jig for the rear rails and I didn't use the end mill they sent for the upper frame media removal...I did that with a dremel...I got way better results although it took longer.
    What .22 LR kit did you order mule? If you got the advantage arms and want to test a tactical solutions I'd be happy to let you give it a try. What part of the state are you in?

What .22 LR kit did you order mule? If you got the advantage arms and want to test a tactical solutions I'd be happy to let you give it a try. What part of the state are you in?

I bought the Tactical Solutions kit with the 10 round mag and the threaded barrel. It hasn't arrived yet so I am completing the frame while I wait for it. I read reviews on the 3 that I could find...TS, AA and ZEV..Zev was too expensive. I bought the TS because the reviews were a tiny bit better..My thought it this..I bought it for practice. 22LR is a lot less expensive than 40S&W...If the gun fails to load, fails to eject or jams in any other way, it adds realism to practice...You never know when your weapon will stove pipe or double..it's just as important to learn to clear and recover quickly as it is to hit what you are aiming for..And thanks for the offer, but between running my business and a very ill father in law I don't have a lot of free time other than late at night..Maybe after things in my life settle down a bit we can go test them...I am in the Halethorpe zip code.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I bought the Tactical Solutions kit with the 10 round mag and the threaded barrel. It hasn't arrived yet so I am completing the frame while I wait for it. I read reviews on the 3 that I could find...TS, AA and ZEV..Zev was too expensive. I bought the TS because the reviews were a tiny bit better..My thought it this..I bought it for practice. 22LR is a lot less expensive than 40S&W...If the gun fails to load, fails to eject or jams in any other way, it adds realism to practice...You never know when your weapon will stove pipe or double..it's just as important to learn to clear and recover quickly as it is to hit what you are aiming for..And thanks for the offer, but between running my business and a very ill father in law I don't have a lot of free time other than late at night..Maybe after things in my life settle down a bit we can go test them...I am in the Halethorpe zip code.

Cool, not far at all, I am right behind 2A sales.

I have six of the 15 round mags for the tactical solutions set up which I bought because it works on all gen Glock's.

The kit works best with mini mags for sure but there are other brands that work well also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom