• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigTrain

Jan 3, 2018
    Baltimore
    Hey all, any of you have any experience with the Kel Tec PMR-30? How does it shoot as far as accuracy? Is it reliable? More than just a gimmick?

Thinking about picking one up, but looking for some feedback from anyone here whose spent some range time with one.

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    Pmr-30

Out of about 500 rounds I might have had 4 failures. I also didn't do a first disassemble and clean. I love the pistol. If I could carry in maryland it would be my carry piece. I also have the CMR 30. Great pistol rifle combo.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I know I positively love my CMR. Only bad thing I have heard is they gum up after a couple hundred rounds so cleaning is essential. Insanely light, accurate, no recoil.

Wasn't convinced initially but if I didn't live in Marylandstan Id buy a PMR now.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I have both the pistol and rifle and love them. As the others have said they shoot great and are good for new and old shooters. You do have to keep them clean though.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I shot mine one time. At the 67th round the front site blew off and I never found it. It took KelTec months to send a replacement. I've never shot it since. Its a cool concept, but I think Keltecs are junk. My 2 cents.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I like heavy guns. To me, the PMR-30 felt like a squirt gun. Having said that, if you take the good experiences of others into account, the 22 WMR is an awesome round.

slowz32

Dec 3, 2014
    Mt. Airy
    I have about 1k rounds through mine. cleaned it once and have had maybe 2 malfunctions. Gun runs great, is accurate, light, and fun as hell to shoot. Idk if I would have it as a carry piece but I definitely don't regret buying it. No recoil, its loud and shoots a big fireball. Usually attracts a crowd at some ranges :)

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    My friend bought the first gen and after 50 rounds the slide separated from the frame. I was shooting as it did this.

That was apparently common but I believe they have since rectified this. But buy used with caution

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have 1 , the 1 of the 2 extractors was made wrong. I made a new 1, and it worked fine.it's been a while since I have shot it though. May have to take it out next shoot .

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    I like mine. I had some FTF issues and sent it back to keltec and it's been doing great since then. It sure makes a loud bang and shoots a fireball.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Pros: Great trigger. Accurate for what it is. Fireballs that impress the guy in the next lane.

Cons: Assembly pin broke twice, front sight came loose and had to be replaced twice, had to send back to KelTec for accuracy issues twice, only liked 45gr or heavier - which was absolutely impossible to find for 3 years+

Sold it 2 years ago and never looked back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom