• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoopal

Jun 13, 2013
    :envy:According to The Firearm Blog, there is a bill in the very beginning stages of the US. House representatives proposing to increase the NFA tax stamp to $500. Hopefully, the bill will go nowhere:mad54:

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Only $500? I figured they would take it up much more than that to recreate the penalty it was meant to be when it was put in place decades ago. Another classist law.

Not saying that I support it but am not surprised. Figured it was coming, would be horrible for the suppressor industry if it passes.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    If the bill were written to remove suppressors and SBRs from the NFA control and only tax machine guns, it might get a lot of support. Something tells me that isn’t what it’s going to do.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Only $500? I figured they would take it up much more than that to recreate the penalty it was meant to be when it was put in place decades ago. Another classist law.

Not saying that I support it but am not surprised. Figured it was coming, would be horrible for the suppressor industry if it passes.

The National Firearms Act, in all of its permutations, was a product of the prohibition era where gun violence associated with organized crime and bootlegging was sensationalized by the media. But, just as the 18th amendment never stopped alcohol consumption, NFA has never stopped gun violence.

And ever evolving NFA rulings and regulations, coupled with higher taxes won't either. Like the old joke ... BATFE should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

Attachments

• ATF.JPG
      ATF.JPG
      45.4 KB · Views: 755

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Whew! I'll sleep better at night knowing Congress is combating the scourge that is legal NFA item owners. It is well known that since they spent months and years waiting for highly controlled and expensive items to be approved for transfer by the federal government, they are apt to go on murdering sprees immediately after receiving their tax stamps in the mail.

Butcher

May 3, 2005
    Owings Mills
    I believe it also ties the tax to inflation. AOW tax goes up to $100, and I think there would be an increase in taxes on all firearms and ammunition imports, which obviously get passed on down to us consumers. It would make guns a hobby of the rich and powerful, essentially. I think it also redefined what guns fall under the purview of nfa (“assault style” guns and handguns too lol), and designated income from the tax revenue to be allotted to the CDC to research “gun violence”. Ridiculous bill from some radical left wing nutjob in Illinois.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring

They also included a clause regarding the tax going up as inflation goes up. SMH.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    The National Firearms Act, in all of its permutations, was a product of the prohibition era where gun violence associated with organized crime and bootlegging was sensationalized by the media. But, just as the 18th amendment never stopped alcohol consumption, NFA has never stopped gun violence.

And ever evolving NFA rulings and regulations, coupled with higher taxes won't either. Like the old joke ... BATFE should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
    Amen to this.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom