Wal Mart temporarily blocking sales of firearms outside of Maryland and 10 others

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Just got off the phone with WalMart headquarters. Wal Mart has put a temporary block on selling firearms to residents outside of MD and 10 or 11 other states due to the BS laws that states like MD passed banning or restricting certain firearms. They are working with the ATF to figure it out. So if you're a resident of MD there's a gun in a WalMart store in any other state besides MD, NO SALE!
    I've had it with this mf'ing state!!

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Just after MOM's firearm law passed, visiting family in Florida, stopped by local WalMart. Fondling a few long guns and talking to the salesperson, who turned out to be a retired school teacher from Maryland. He showed me a company bulletin, restricting all firearms sales to MD residents until the lawyers understood the MD law.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    What prompted you to have to call Wal-Mart headquarters?
    Just needed to make a phone call today?

I found a Ruger American for $199, but then told I couldn't buy being a MD resident. I called because just like calling MSP, you never get the same answer or if you do, it's vague. I'm tired of playing guessing games...I'm a get to the point type when it comes to this. Why waste time asking questions to people who don't know...go right to the source/top.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Just after MOM's firearm law passed, visiting family in Florida, stopped by local WalMart. Fondling a few long guns and talking to the salesperson, who turned out to be a retired school teacher from Maryland. He showed me a company bulletin, restricting all firearms sales to MD residents until the lawyers understood the MD law.

3 years later...I swear it seems like the subtle beginning of a total ban. First handguns and AR type rifles, now everything.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    3 years later...I swear it seems like the subtle beginning of a total ban. First handguns and AR type rifles, now everything.

Of course. And I have nothing but contempt for "gun owners" who support bans on "scary semi-automatic assault weapons of war" and think that their pistols and hunting rifles will be left alone.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Of course. And I have nothing but contempt for "gun owners" who support bans on "scary semi-automatic assault weapons of war" and think that their pistols and hunting rifles will be left alone.

AMEN I have a cuz, who is a former Marine, with a PA CCW & hunter. Who believes private citizens should be banned from owning AR type firearms and against large capacity magazines for any firearm.

For sure many heated debates between cousins.

Just doesn't make sense.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    AMEN I have a cuz, who is a former Marine, with a PA CCW & hunter. Who believes private citizens should be banned from owning AR type firearms and against large capacity magazines for any firearm.

Just doesn't make sense.

You can point out to him that the banners told us that 10 rounds was as low as they were going to go, and then NY immediately turned around after Sandy Hook and reduced it to 7. Canada is already 5. The left desires a full ban on privately owned firearms, and anyone who doesn't see that is either stupid or delusional.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Just doesn't make sense.

Ask your cousin if he took the oath to defend the constitution then hand him a copy of same and ask him to read Amendment #2. Argument over. :sad20:

The oath is the rock and #2 is the hard place put him right between them.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I found a Ruger American for $199, but then told I couldn't buy being a MD resident. I called because just like calling MSP, you never get the same answer or if you do, it's vague. I'm tired of playing guessing games...I'm a get to the point type when it comes to this. Why waste time asking questions to people who don't know...go right to the source/top.

Which state did you find/get Walmart denied the Ruger?

I think DE stopped selling to MD residents a few years ago as well.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Store policies, Walmart's in Va will not sell to out of staters, not just Marylanders At least that's what they said in the past. Should be able to get a Md Walmart to order and price match.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Store policies, Walmart's in Va will not sell to out of staters, not just Marylanders At least that's what they said in the past. Should be able to get a Md Walmart to order and price match.

No PM on Clearance items.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Just doesn't make sense.

I had a guy tell me once in a goose blind that no one needs a banana clip.
    Maybe if we were hunting snow geese he would've changed his tune.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Which state did you find/get Walmart denied the Ruger?

I think DE stopped selling to MD residents a few years ago as well.

Which of Delaware's Walmarts sell firearms? I don't believe the northern Delaware locations do, except perhaps air guns.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Which of Delaware's Walmarts sell firearms? I don't believe the northern Delaware locations do, except perhaps air guns.

Good question. Seaford/Camden/Middletown used to, not sure if they still.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    :wtf:

Buy and have it shipped to a local store, pick up do the transfer at the local store.

Why is this hard?

It's hard because Wal Mart won't sell it to you if you're not in state. And I was told by the manager that they don't transfer guns between stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom