• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Beautiful display. We are located on the left wall as you enter!

Attachments

• 4BEA5179-BFB0-4603-AA05-8F43F6F0B1A7.jpg
      4BEA5179-BFB0-4603-AA05-8F43F6F0B1A7.jpg
      88.5 KB · Views: 150

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I'm curious what the turnout was for MSI. This is the first Chantilly show since the bills were introduced.

For veteran MSI gun show folks, did more people approach the booth than normal?

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It was heavier than normal Saturday afternoon. Just not as heavy as I would have liked.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Beautiful display. We are located on the left wall as you enter!

A guy walked into my office this morning and said “I joined MSI at the gun show this weekend.” I said that’s fantastic, who did you talk to at the booth. He said I can’t remember but it was D something D something.
    Thank you for working this weekend!

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Speaking from experience after working a few of these shows I felt that we had a lot more interest than normal. A lot more folks were throwing donations in the can and not just dollar bills! folks were coming by with questions about a lot of the new legislation and were totally shocked when we would point out some of the repercussions that could happen if they were passed. I noticed a significant uptic in people renewing memberships and first timers also! People realise this legislation will impact their lives, and not in a good way.
    . Pleasure to be able to do my small contribution to our effort. Thank your co-worker for joining please from me.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've worked the Chantilly show maybe a dozen times; never seen so much action. I think we signed up 26 people on Sunday alone.

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Decent show, but you could tell a few vendors decided to post at the other shows going on, and not at Chantilly. Still picked up a new ACOG TA31-CH at an amazing price, even got the kill-flash for it. Also scored the new Surefire M600U (1000 lumens) for $200. Good haul this round.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Decent show, but you could tell a few vendors decided to post at the other shows going on, and not at Chantilly. Still picked up a new ACOG TA31-CH at an amazing price, even got the kill-flash for it. Also scored the new Surefire M600U (1000 lumens) for $200. Good haul this round.

Great. Did you go give a donation to MSI and VCDL?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Lots more foot traffic than typical . More Memberships than typically . Significantly , in addition to new members and renewals , I saw several former members rejoin .

FWIW , the small show at Bel Air the previous weekend had massive number of signups porportional to the size of the Show .

Added - For all of our members who are looking to Do Somthing and be more proactive , volunteering for the MSI booth is an excellent way . Both at gun related events, and particularly at " regular " community events .

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Yes, Bel Air & the most recent Chantilly were up significantly from recent shows. I'm still working my way through the paperwork , but a big thanks to everone who signed up. I think I heard one of our Sunday volunteers who is also an MSI board member say we have now broken 1400 menbers.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yes, Bel Air & the most recent Chantilly were up significantly from recent shows. I'm still working my way through the paperwork , but a big thanks to everone who signed up. I think I heard one of our Sunday volunteers who is also an MSI board member say we have now broken 1400 menbers.

And a big thanks to you as well. You've been the man that keeps this outreach going these past few years and nearly always sits for a couple of the sessions. MSI is lucky to have you involved in our cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom