• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    I tried to order some BHA match .223 from Midway today (as I have done several times before) and when I got to checkout, it said state or city law prevents shipping ammunition to the address specified....wtf? Did I miss something? Anyone know what's up?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I tried to order some BHA match .223 from Midway today (as I have done several times before) and when I got to checkout, it said state or city law prevents shipping ammunition to the address specified....wtf? Did I miss something? Anyone know what's up?

Maybe you are on "the list". :tinfoil:

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    That's a new one to me.

I did an online check for an ammo purchase last night and when I entered the zip code it said - "We are able to ship to your location."

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    ADR said:
    That's a new one to me.

I did an online check for an ammo purchase last night and when I entered the zip code it said - "We are able to ship to your location."

From Midway or another vendor?

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    2nd=Good+Substantial said:
    Oh no maybe you're on "double secret probation". :)

Guns and now ammo ... I think the Republik of Maryland must have scared another online vendor.

If they can scare a company as large as Midway, then we're all boned.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Just ordered a few rounds from CTD and the order went through without a hitch. Must just be Midway. I'll be calling them this week to find out what the issue is..... My rifle really likes the 69 grain SMK and BHA makes good product. I need my BHA target ammunition.....

manderson

Ultimate Member
    Jun 3, 2008
    Ordered 500 rds of Lapua Midas+ from Midway yesterday. Already shipped and will be here Wednesday.

ackackadak

Oct 8, 2016
    This comes up every couple of years... I'll bet you tried to ship to an address in MoCo. If I recall correctly, for a time MoCo tried to ban having ammo shipped to a county address. It may have gone to court and was struck down. Unfortunately vendors heard when it was put into effect but never got the word it was no longer an issue. Some will ship and some still will not. Try another vendor. I suspect you will find more than a couple who will ship. I think I have the story correct. No to be rude but try a search on ammo and shipping....

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You can call Midway and ask them to clarify or else order from Ammunition To Go. I have an ammo order from Ammunition To Go due to be delivered to my house on Monday.

BTW, I order ammo from Midway quite a bit. No problem here.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    Problem solved. My DOB somehow was changed to blank so it wouldn't ship until I put an appropriate DOB in my profile. Just submitted order without issue.

GasTerp09

Major League Gas Passer
    Dec 3, 2011
    Towson, MD
    ackackadak said:
    This comes up every couple of years... I'll bet you tried to ship to an address in MoCo. If I recall correctly, for a time MoCo tried to ban having ammo shipped to a county address. It may have gone to court and was struck down. Unfortunately vendors heard when it was put into effect but never got the word it was no longer an issue. Some will ship and some still will not. Try another vendor. I suspect you will find more than a couple who will ship. I think I have the story correct. No to be rude but try a search on ammo and shipping....

I sorted it out, but thanks for the feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom