• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Has anyone put this trigger upgrade into their PC9? If so, how do you like it? At $273 is it worth the cost? Are there other better/cheaper options?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Don't have that rifle, waiting for a .45acp version.

That said, I think I would read about other ways to improve the trigger or do a simple trigger job on it before I dropped that much on a trigger for it. Not a long range gun and that is about 1/2 what the gun costs in normal times.

I spent a lot on mods in the past but am less likely to do that now as that money really never did that much for me in the long run. Also, you rarely get much of it back if you sell it.

If you LOVE it and plan to be buried with it then it may be money well spent. Only you can make that call though.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    One of the guys I used to shoot Steel Challenge with got one for his PCC. He liked it more than the stock trigger. But we both use one for competition, so we're always chasing better/faster. So if you're just shooting for fun, it may not be worth it for you. If you're chasing faster times, it's definitely worth it.

Bluemax

Member in good standing
    Jun 12, 2010
    southern maryland
    I enjoy that trigger in my rifle. The only issue I have had is with Wolf 9mm. It wont hit some of them hard enough to pop the primer. restrikes seem to work. I have about a 2-4% fail rate. Any brass cased stuff runs fine. Two best upgrades to any gun is a good barrel and the interface with the shooter (trigger).

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    Has anyone put this trigger upgrade into their PC9? If so, how do you like it? At $273 is it worth the cost? Are there other better/cheaper options?

There are a few other trigger options, I have a PC9, but have yet to mod it.
    As others mentioned, if this is your go-to carbine and you feel you'll get $273 dollars worth of performance out of it, go for it, but realize you'll never recoup the investment if you sell the rifle. I have mine sighted in for 50 yds with a red dot and was on the fence spending $50 on a trigger upgrade or other mods for a 9mm rifle for use inside of 100 yds

https://www.tandemkross.com/victory-trigger-forruger-pc-carbine
    https://www.mcarbo.com/ruger-pc-carbine-flat-trigger.aspx

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    There are a few other trigger options, I have a PC9, but have yet to mod it.
    As others mentioned, if this is your go-to carbine and you feel you'll get $273 dollars worth of performance out of it, go for it, but realize you'll never recoup the investment if you sell the rifle. I have mine sighted in for 50 yds with a red dot and was on the fence spending $50 on a trigger upgrade or other mods for a 9mm rifle for use inside of 100 yds

https://www.tandemkross.com/victory-trigger-forruger-pc-carbine
    https://www.mcarbo.com/ruger-pc-carbine-flat-trigger.aspx

I just put a Sig Romeo5 red dot on it along with the midwest industries hand rail. I really like the look and feel of the new rail. I also think the red dot was a nice addition. I got the red dot on sale for $104. I got the midwest industries bolt handle for $14 but the stock one is on so tight I have not be able to get it off yet. I plan on just using the stock trigger for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom