• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I explored this issue many times and currently additional insure my clients for my negligence too often to mention without an increase in premiums. I explored through a homeowners policy and I believe they wanted an addition $100.00 to name someone as additional insured.

All concepts still on the table and thanks for the feedback!

Sorry to say, but my ins co will not insure a german shepard or a doberman. Indemnity for gun range events?

MG in MD

Feb 11, 2016
    Linthicum
    Sounds very interesting.

What’s the expected membership cost? Is there an additional hourly rate? What calibers and what distances?

One of the things I do is security camera systems. I’d be happy to talk about that aspect if you’d like.

PMKMD

Jul 13, 2010
    I would be very interested in this. I know several other guys and we used to train at Freestate. We did tactical pistol and rifle courses there. We did solo, 2 and 4 man team room clearing, shooting from vehicles. We are al bored by shooting at a paper target.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Theoretically, I would join a range like this in a second. I used to have access to train at some outdoor ranges where move & shoot was a thing, but I don't have that any more and I *really* miss it.

The idea of naming a business as an additional insured on my homeowner's policy sounds a little nuts, though.

APGIllini

Jun 15, 2012
    I like the idea in general, but think depending on homeowners insurance is dicey. You'll likely only have a small subset of underwriters open to this, so it might streamline things if part of the dues fund a rider for each member on the facility coverage.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Sounds like a great concept but meh. The NRA member is probably a big turnoff to a lot of people, maybe that'll help keep more people away or something. In all honesty I have no idea if I'm an NRA member this year or not, don't remember if I paid the yearly due and don't care, all I get is constant spam calls.

I think you should just find a farmer friend and get permission to shoot on his land. I've always target shot on private land and it's about as good as it gets besides being a member at a private club in PA where hardly anyone goes to.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Requiring Insurance like this is what killed our hunt club. Lessor added requirement to the lease and more than half of the members (myself included) could not obtain.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    In all honesty I have no idea if I'm an NRA member this year or not, don't remember if I paid the yearly due and don't care, all I get is constant spam calls.
    That's so easy to fix. You can simply ask them to stop calling. Did that a couple years ago and haven't gotten a call since. And I am definitely a paid-this-year member.

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    Just a thought; have you contacted an indoor range like Machine Gun Nest in Frederick or Maryland Small Arms in PG County for advice? I like what you are attempting and I have often wondered about the costs associated with the project

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    That's so easy to fix. You can simply ask them to stop calling. Did that a couple years ago and haven't gotten a call since. And I am definitely a paid-this-year member.

Right, at some point in time I haven't seen their name show up on the land line in a while so we gonna let sleeping dogs lie. LOL

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    You are way off on costs which is exactly why I'm doing it in this fashion to limit costs. Been in business for over 30 years, know commercial real estate, construction and permit processes extremely well. Already own the building but even then your numbers are way high. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. My post isn't asking about financial matters, it's to explore shooters interest in the concept and their specific feedback.

You’ve priced out the air handling systems? A top grade air filtration system is far away the biggest single cost of the average range.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You’ve priced out the air handling systems? A top grade air filtration system is far away the biggest single cost of the average range.

Considering he hasn’t posted in this thread since February, I’d say this idea is dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4guyz1stool

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 16, 2017
    I've heard the startup cost including filtration systems, permits, etc are astronomical. I think Machine Gun nest used a site like, go fund me, to finance it. You might want to look into that unless you are independently wealthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom