• ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    7,000 guns deaths a year in Maryland?

http://www.alicejcain.com/on-the-issues/#gun-safety

If she's this wrong on that one simple fact, imagine how wrong she is on so many other things.

She's running against Herb McMillan in district 30A. The teachers are going to be literally orgasming over this election as the union HATES McMillan and this woman is balls deep in the education world.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Her website definitely shows what and independent and free thinker she is. :sad20: I think in a debate she would probably be revealed for the hand puppet she is.

Unfortunately, 30A covers Annapolis and Bay Ridge. Not enclaves known for rationale thought. Also, Edgewater has a large immigrant population now.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I left MoCo 15 years ago to escape from the indoctrinated, dogmatic, liberal parrots and zombies, and look what's taking root here. They even chant it repetitively like a mantra.

Where next?

JWBanshee

Jul 1, 2009
    Herb Is not Running and Ron George is going for his spot. I know Alice and She is a nice lady , but way to far left leaning.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    That would mean 1.1% of the population of the state is killed by guns every year?? Heck there are only about 35,000 gun deaths (and that includes suicides) nationally each year, so I'm supposed to believe that Maryland is responsible for 20% of the gun deaths in the entire nation. Flag on the play.... fallacious use of statistics... 10 yard penalty and loss of down.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    That would mean 1.1% of the population of the state is killed by guns every year?? Heck there are only about 35,000 gun deaths (and that includes suicides) nationally each year, so I'm supposed to believe that Maryland is responsible for 20% of the gun deaths in the entire nation. Flag on the play.... fallacious use of statistics... 10 yard penalty and loss of down.

That bad of a mis-statement is more like an flagrant foul and ejection from the game...:innocent0

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Her Facebook page must have JUST been changed, now it says 700 gun deaths/year in MD. Was ready to light up her FB page....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Well, half of Maryland's murders occur in Baltimore, yet only a small fraction of Maryland's population are Baltimorons.

Would this woman have any explanation as to why guns in Baltimore are more dangerous than those in the rest of the State?

Let's just arrest the bad guns in Baltimore and leave the rest alone.

Does she have statistics on the number of murders in Maryland using AR15's?

Drawing conclusions that aren't supported by the argument or the statistics. Conflation. It's their specialty.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I do not do facebook, but if I did and I was in her district, I'd post this, with a question: Guess which year Maryland passed stricter gun control?

Including the mucho appreciated permit to purchase scheme hailed by Daniel "I'm a Bloomberg stooge" Webster.

700 by the way is about the right number. I was going to complain this was wrong, but I forgot, homicides spiked a lot!

Attachments

• death by firearms-CDC.gif
      death by firearms-CDC.gif
      6.3 KB · Views: 289

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    Her Facebook page must have JUST been changed, now it says 700 gun deaths/year in MD. Was ready to light up her FB page....

Whenever you find a page with potentially-inflammatory content that may get memory-holed, the first thing to do is go to https://web.archive.org/ and save the page.

It's still possible for them to memory-hole it, but it will take a bit more work. Otherwise the Internet Archive provides an unbiased record.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Whenever you find a page with potentially-inflammatory content that may get memory-holed, the first thing to do is go to https://web.archive.org/ and save the page.

It's still possible for them to memory-hole it, but it will take a bit more work. Otherwise the Internet Archive provides an unbiased record.

I did not know that Wayback Machine allowed you to do that. Thanks!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    How long do guns live? I have a few in pristine condition going on 40.

Many are still working at 100 or more. Many of the oldest slow down and don't work as often but most can still preform if the need arises and they are called on.

Some people have ammo that is older than your guns and it still goes bang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom