• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Or you could get a Polytech M14S. Yes, it is Chinese, but on the approved list.

Q

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Ya this touches a nerve with me. One of Maryland’s dumbest laws. This one makes no practical sense to me . Always wonder how it works if you inherit one? State says I can’t have one so I bought a DD rifle .My midlife treat . I want one to keep my M1 company . Asking again what about one inherited from family member.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    2hz4jq.jpg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Ya this touches a nerve with me. One of Maryland’s dumbest laws. This one makes no practical sense to me . Always wonder how it works if you inherit one? State says I can’t have one so I bought a DD rifle .My midlife treat . I want one to keep my M1 company . Asking again what about one inherited from family member.

Legal to inherit. That is the only way to (legally) gain possession in Maryland. I am fuzzy on if you could legally gain possession of one purchased by someone else after October 2013. Most guys think the law says yes you could inherit one that is newer than October 2013. IMHO I don’t think it is super clear, but I am not inclined to disagree with those who interpret MD statute that way.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    If you reside in MD, I would say no. IANAL, but you would be manufacturing a banned firearm in the state of MD. I do not know how the rules apply to on base housing, but would assume it comes with its own firearm sections.

Q

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Aw come on, I was smiling when I read your post ! I just thought one good turn deserves another.:) My intent was not to injure or start trouble.
    I didn't mean anything by it and will retract my words if they appear to be insulting.

3.50 was ironically where I started out with it today though. Shoots like a dream, shame its no good in .30 cal though. It's just not the same with the littler holes it makes.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Aw come on, I was smiling when I read your post ! I just thought one good turn deserves another.:) My intent was not to injure or start trouble.
    I didn't mean anything by it and will retract my words if they appear to be insulting.

3.50 was ironically where I started out with it today though. Shoots like a dream, shame its no good in .30 cal though. It's just not the same with the littler holes it makes.

:lol:

I was waking up when I saw it, so I said what I said, just to see the reaction. :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    So, can an active duty military resident of
    Maryland build one in 7.62 NATO?

You cannot possess one in the state of MD, if it was acquired after 9/30/13.

So even if you bought in another state when you were stationed there, and then transferred to MD, you cannot bring it into the state. PERIOD.

There is not even an exemption for matches.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Coupla points leading to a question:

1. Thinking of building a semi-auto
    version of the M14 from surplus parts and
    an LRB receiver.

2. “M1A” is a brand name, I think, owned by Springfield, and is specified on the list of
    scary bad things that no one must own in
    Maryland.

3. So, if I build a semi-auto “14”, and not
    buy a commercial “M1A”, am I legal?

4. Would using a “heavy” barrel, instead
    of an issue barrel, make it legal, ala
    an HBAR AR-15?

Copy or imitation of a banned firearm is banned.

Copy is if any single part can be interchanged and the firearms still work.

Poly Tech is OK, as the stock receiver will not accept a GI bolt, and some threads are metric.

Heavy barrel only works for ARs, since the Colt AR-15 Match Sporter is specifically exempted from the ban.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom