• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

Trailer features the Pink Pistols and Gays Against Guns. Always amazing to me to see how some want to remove the rights of others.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: 2A is a civil rights issue.

Historically, blacks were banned from owning guns in every way possible. Even today under Maryland's HQL licensing scheme, the poorest folks that live in the neighborhoods with the worst crime are effectively unable to protect themselves. They can't afford too, Annapolis has made it virtually impossible to access handguns for self-defense.

I'm happy to see a minority, ANY minority, embrace 2A as a defense for whoever they are, whatever their circumstances. This is why 2A exists.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Gun control has, and is, a classist/racist plan. I have always tried to help anyone arm themselves who were interested in doing so, and more so those who were more likely to be a target.

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Every law abiding citizen of this country has the right to defend themselves it doesn’t matter what the color of their skin is or what their sexual orientation is.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This is an area where some cross-echo-chamber outreach could make some real inroads on behalf of the more conservative/libertarian sector. An area where their interests overlap strongly with another group with which they'd historically be at arm's length. Too often a lot of level-headed, rational gay folks are run off from fiscally conservative or liberty-minded politics because they find the hostile religious zealot types are frequently in that same camp and badly muddying the waters. A hostile reception at the range can translate into ever more balkanized postures on other political matters, and for all the wrong and unnecessary reasons. Next thing you know, the NRA is their new favorite villain, and so every politician or policy they support gets attacked as a proxy for the handful of medieval-minded idiots they encounter while trying to do something as simple as learn to defend themselves. I wish that liberty lovers in our camp weren't so often too ready to freak out about stuff like this. It's not contagious, folks. We gun owners are on the brink of being (or, in Maryland, already are) a small, misunderstood, alien sub culture just like too many people find gays to be. In that regard we have more in common than some imagine we have separating us.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Inclusiveness

Some of us have reached out to gay folks with limited or no success. One of the hurdles is TPM (time/place/manner) restrictions. Folks, gay or straight, are less likely to be victimized during the day in the suburbs. Just the opposite in the city after dark. Most of the gay bashing incidents I recall happen to individuals (not groups of folks) in areas of higher than average gay populations in cities, usually in the club districts. Even if a person had a permit, they couldn't carry in the club if they had a drink, and even a well concealed pistol would likely be discovered on the dance floor (even if the guy wasn't an FBI agent doing a back flip).

I've had this conversation with several gay friends who live in cities, and they all share similar concerns. When given the choice of armed self defense preparedness versus the freedom to move about and socialize, they choose the latter. Most just aren't that worried about their safety until something catastrophic happens like Orlando. But their fears diminish very quickly after the events. Folks who are more concerned seem to move to the 'burbs. YMMV of course.

It's worthwhile and proper for us to continue to reach out, but unrealistic to expect much positive response. Even the Pink Pistols have limited numbers of members.

No_comment

Oct 19, 2013
    I've said it before, I'll say it again: 2A is a civil rights issue.

Historically, blacks were banned from owning guns in every way possible. Even today under Maryland's HQL licensing scheme, the poorest folks that live in the neighborhoods with the worst crime are effectively unable to protect themselves. They can't afford too, Annapolis has made it virtually impossible to access handguns for self-defense.

I'm happy to see a minority, ANY minority, embrace 2A as a defense for whoever they are, whatever their circumstances. This is why 2A exists.

Pink Pistols motto: "Pick on someone your own caliber"

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    And who exactly is committing the overwhelming majority of gun crimes?

Are you proposing an income level before someone can own a firearm as a lot of it is from low income people? If so and it is above your income, what then?

Or a DNA test for race? Really?!?!?

What are you getting at with your statement?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    And who exactly is committing the overwhelming majority of gun crimes?

Are you proposing an income level before someone can own a firearm as a lot of it is from low income people? If so and it is above your income, what then?

Or a DNA test for race? Really?!?!?

What are you getting at with your statement?

We each interpret things filtered through our own viewpoints from life experiences. I think the honest, non-biased answer is that the overwhelming majority of crimes involving guns are committed by people who are not in legal possession of the guns, are already prohibited persons, are probably repeat criminal offenders, and should have been incarcerated at the time of their most recent crimes based on their previous convictions which would have prevented the subsequent crimes in the first place. I postulate that the majority of crimes are not committed by first time criminals, but rather career criminals.

In an area where the majority population happens to be of a certain ethnic persuasion, whether it's white, black, brown or purple, it's logical to assume that the demographics of the criminals will loosely correlate to the demographics of the larger population. So if 90% of a neighborhood is of a particular ethnicity, then probably 90% of the criminals will also be from that same group. That's not racist, just common sense and reality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom