• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    The old blind is done and I need a new one. Looking hard at the Nap Mantis 3 or the primos double bull 360.

I'll likely be cross bow hunting out of the blind 90% of the time, needs to stand up against weather. I usually put out soon and leave till end of January.

Suggestions?

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I have a double bull i use a lot for Turkey. It is well made and in its 6th year of use. However, I don't leave it sitting out in the weather for weeks on end. I have a big Ameristep blind I left out and the wind finally tore it apart, pulled one of the hubs right out. If you are going to leave it out there I wouldn't spend a ton of money on it, would probably get destroyed. Can you build a blind of wood or logs?
    V

geda

Dec 24, 2017
    cowcounty
    I do vertical bow and I am a big fan of the Barronett big mike. I have two that I leave up all season sept->jan. They get brushed in really good and I encourage live growth on them. My first one was several years old when it was left out for the 2015 blizzard which broke a few of the hubs and a couple of rods. Barronett sells spare parts, but I decided to just buy two more and keep the broken one for parts.

https://www.barronettblinds.com/Product/blind-big-mike-backwoods-camo-8300

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    I HATE HATE HATE hunting from ground blinds. Let me state that up front.

Why even go out if you are going to essentially sit in a cramped outhouse with almost no view and almost zero nature/outdoors enjoyment?

That was my perception BEFORE i bought a Primos 360 at the last minute so i could take my brother in law out in NC for turkey this past April. It was forecast for heavy rain almost all the time, i had to try something that would let us at least hunt some. I had to roll the dice and give the 360 a try.

Blinds are still super lame to hunt from but this one is an exception. You can actually see!!! You can actually hear stuff going on outside!! You can actually enjoy some fresh outdoor air!!!

I’d say this thing was is 80% enjoyable as hunting without a blind whereas a regular tent blind is 5% as enjoyable. If that.

Thing is fast and easy to set up and take down. Just remember this order: side, roof, side, side, side and you are golden.

Thing worked great in the rain and allowed us to hunt otherwise unhuntable conditions. No luck in NC it turned out but took my elderly neighbor out in Maryland the next week for his first proper turkey hunt and we each got longbeards from the 360. The movement we were able to get away with was insane. You can wear street clothes! Perfect for a novice that cannot be stealthy enough like my neighbor.

The week after that, i took another new hunter out, this time in NH, and we used the 360 to exploit an otherwise unhuntable field. Again, two longbeards from the 360.

The Primos Double Bull 360 will make you happy when running and gunning or when hunting out in the open is not the optimum strategy. You can adjust the shooting port height to an incredible degree. Using a bow is not an issue.

Hope my 2 cents helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom