Is This Brownells Retro Rifle Banned in Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD

Engage got a similar rifle approved, but the model and manufacturer were different https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=221238

Maybe an FFL could submit the Brownells rifle to be evaluated and use the same info Engage did?

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    its up to Brownells to decide. You cannot MAKE them ship it. If they have decided not to unpack or trust your FFL not to sell it to you, that is their decision. Possible course of action, have your FFL email them saying its legal for them to receive.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I bought one last weekend and went to the shop to pick it up yesterday but I'm currently "delayed". I'm law enforcement and don't have so much as a parking ticket. Never been "delayed" in my life! Anyway...….it's still at the shop. From my initial inspection, it seems decent but I can't say for sure without a thorough inspection. People seem to like them but it seems the sights are not always the most centered. I don't like the baby crap red/brown furniture one bit.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    The "what would stoner do" project.

he has also given his review/opinion of the various retro rifles.

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    I have a Proto model. The first one I received had an issue with the bolt sticking and or not going fully home. Returned it to Brownells and they sent a replacement Replacement works as it should. I enjoy shooting the rifle. I was on the fence due to price, but waited for a !0% off coupon and then purchased.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    I got it down to $1,010 with the best current coupon I could find. Did you have any issue with them not wanting to ship it because of the 25 rounder it comes with ?

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    As I recall I received some sort of message that I had to call customer service concerning the order. When I spoke to them they advised me that they would have to ship without the factory mag included.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I bought one last weekend and went to the shop to pick it up yesterday but I'm currently "delayed". I'm law enforcement and don't have so much as a parking ticket. Never been "delayed" in my life! Anyway...….it's still at the shop. From my initial inspection, it seems decent but I can't say for sure without a thorough inspection. People seem to like them but it seems the sights are not always the most centered. I don't like the baby crap red/brown furniture one bit.

So that's what you picked up while I was at Brian's shop (I'm the guy with the Porsche who was howling with your pup. Blame me for her getting a little rowdy.). Would have loved to get a closer look at it. I like the retro configuration and I'm partial to the brown furniture. Go figure.
    BTW, my 03 is all due to me getting delayed over and over again. Got tired of the hassle.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Well crap!!! Had I known that was you I would have talked your leg off! Just let me know when you'd like to get together and I'm there. I'd like to get a closer look at your 924!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom