• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bradg

May 12, 2017
    Wow.
    Just got the Cheaper Than Dirt ad in my email.
    $70 for 50 rounds of 380.
    $60 for 50 rounds of 9mm.
    And those are FMJ, not fancier bullets..........

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Wow.

There are many places Cheaper Than Them. And don't worry CTD will charge all the the market will bare until this shortage is over.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Just ordered Wolf 308win for .67c a round and 500 lr for 50$ on Lucky Gunner. Most pistol calibers are out.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    That is not cheaper than dirt I can buy 500 S&S 20 rounds for 48 bucks. they are high when you add in shipping you are paying out the wazoo.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    These are the times that many on here will warn people about and why everyone should have at least a year of ammo on hand. .50 223 .30+ 9mm, no primers, 115gr 9mm bullets going for .20. My gut says we are going to see this crap until spring of next year IF Trump wins. If Biden wins it may be 2022 before we get a sense of normal back.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Wow.

One comforting thought about CTD prices--it's likely the only people paying those prices are the previously anti-gun folks who are jumping on the bandwagon today and don't know any better. After all, they'll still vote for the politicians and policies that left them fearing their current lack of security.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    These are the times that many on here will warn people about and why everyone should have at least a year of ammo on hand. .50 223 .30+ 9mm, no primers, 115gr 9mm bullets going for .20. My gut says we are going to see this crap until spring of next year IF Trump wins. If Biden wins it may be 2022 before we get a sense of normal back.

Amen

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    So nobody is gonna scold the OP for shopping at Cheaper than Dirt? And throw in Dicks while you’re at it? Surprising.

I’ll do it - Hey, OP, don’t shop at CTD or Dicks. CTD has been price gouging our community since 2013, and cheating and scamming us for years. And as far as Dicks goes, they shit on the 2A, and boasted about it. All the supporting facts and stories are on these boards if you look it up.

Oh, and no Yeti either.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Man, if we're gonna shame price gouging, we should be berating this place because there are some serious gouging scumbags in the classifieds right now.

While I don't love Dick's, Walmart is basically no better than them at this point and I don't see anyone screaming for boycotts of them every time they're mentioned.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City

If Biden wins, 50 cent .223 and 30 cent 9mm might prove to bring about mention of "the good old days."

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    Man, if we're gonna shame price gouging, we should be berating this place because there are some serious gouging scumbags in the classifieds right now.

While I don't love Dick's, Walmart is basically no better than them at this point and I don't see anyone screaming for boycotts of them every time they're mentioned.

I agree. I mentioned it somewhere on here not too long ago about the prices of stuff in the classifieds by members of this "community". I was basically told to embrace capitalism. Funny how in the end we eat our own..

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I agree. I mentioned it somewhere on here not too long ago about the prices of stuff in the classifieds by members of this "community". I was basically told to embrace capitalism. Funny how in the end we eat our own..

I might have been one who expressed that sentiment but it’s not a personal attack in any way. My belief is that it takes two to tango. The buyers really do set the price in a competitive market. The sellers (Including those here on the MDS marketplace) can ask for whatever they want. If a buyer justifies that price as a fair market value and they pay for the item, even though you or I might think they are being shamelessly ripped off, then all is well as far as I’m concerned.

All in all I have come to appreciate and respect a lot of opinions and information I find here. Present company included.

May you someday find the ultimate source of cheap ammo and share it with us all.

J

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom