• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I hope this isn’t a repeat. I looked and didn’t see anything else. Frosh urges the MD GA to outlaw AR pistols. I don’t know what else they can do to add restrictions besides outright banning.

“ ‘It’s outrageous,” Frosh said. “That kind of weapon should not be on the streets, period.‘ “

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politi...0190812-uwnyadj7ozbo7mnnoxa4ryuhdu-story.html

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    If they are in the streets...tell me where so I can give them a safe warm home. I don't see many ar pistols being used in crimes or confiscated by police. Frosh needs to be hit by a drunk, texting while driving bishop while riding his bike.

Cruacious

C&R Farmer
    Apr 29, 2015
    Elkton
    I understand his fear of a weapon that is statistically underrepresented in violent crimes as a symbol of his personal fears and failings as a prosecutor to actually do anything of meaning. I would much rather see Frosh removed from office and his reputation ground into dust by the gears of a Just state so that he has to suffer the pain of living in ignominy.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’d imagine the rats are pissed because folks are using the ar “pistol” as a means to side step their beloved nfa.

For Frosh, it's more of a, "You should have to pay a $200 tax stamp to own such a thing! And, uh, how can my office budget get a piece of that action?"

kehvN

Dec 28, 2012
    Harford County
    Just saw this same story shared by Maryland Democratic Party on facebook and immediately came here to get a pulse... totally not surprised though. I love how the article says "Frosh said he initially thought that the model of gun used in Dayton would be banned under the comprehensive 2013 Maryland law. But after further research, he’s concerned that it’s possible the model could get approved for sale here, especially given that a similar model is already approved." It's nearly comical. Maybe he's just getting out ahead of it because he knows he'll be asked about it???

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    So lets get this one straight.

He didn't know they even existed until two weeks ago, probably due to the fact that nothing and nobody has done anything with them in MD, nor has MDSP ever recovered one used in a crime. And now they're a problem because of a state a few hundred miles away?
    Well gee, I guess I better call the exterminator and have him fumigate my whole damn house because my buddy in Kentucky had a cockroach in his kitchen.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    That’s not true, he seems to enjoy the one that protects him wherever he goes that we the taxpayer pays for.

I'd bet that he hates them and has a superiority complex over the "brutes" he has risk their lives to keep him safe.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    If anything, AR pistols are LESS lethal than rifles.

Depending on the ammo and a variety of other factors, velocity through a 10" barrel is somewhere around 2200 - 2300 FPS; out of a 24" barrel, you can easily get 2800-3000 FPS. Frosh clearly wants to see the streets full of more dead puppies and unicorns.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    If anything, AR pistols are LESS lethal than rifles.

Depending on the ammo and a variety of other factors, velocity through a 10" barrel is somewhere around 2200 - 2300 FPS; out of a 24" barrel, you can easily get 2800-3000 FPS. Frosh clearly wants to see the streets full of more dead puppies and unicorns.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. The New York Times wanted to ban things based on velocity. Think of how much safer we would be if the NFA regulated long barrel rifles instead of short. :rolleyes:

kdmag88

Jan 10, 2018
    So I realize that the article is short on logic, but I really don't understand. First they say that the same gun used in Dayton is available in MD through a loophole, then they say that the same model is not available but one close to it is(300BO). Then they say that it (300) is legal because it is on the handgun roster. Well how the hell is it a loophole if not even the same gun was APPROVED by our royal highness? You have this stupid roster, then complain that got approved, we didn't loophole it, if anything you did.

Also, "A federal law, the National Firearms Act, requires a lengthy and expensive registration requirement for someone buying certain high-powered rifles, Chipman said. But when manufacturers create high-powered guns that are classified as pistols, such as the AM-15, they don’t fall under that law, Chipman said. They also sometimes can get around state laws that ban assault weapons."

When the hell has it been easier to buy a pistol then a rifle? Especially in MD. I haven't bought a pistol since 2013 because I refuse to jump through all the damn hoops they made.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Yeah that is what I was thinking. The New York Times wanted to ban things based on velocity. Think of how much safer we would be if the NFA regulated long barrel rifles instead of short. :rolleyes:

Hmmm. So ..17HMR banned, .580 1863 Springfield musket not. Because it's less dangerous to get hit by it. :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom