• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    This just goes to show the Antis' ignorance, people who purchase lots of ammo are sport shooters, people who train to maintain skills, etc. On the other hand 5 rounds in the hand of a criminal can harm many people. It's all about control and nothing about reducing crime...and also about raising taxes so they can promote their agendas.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Buy it in the next state over. MD loses the sales tax that way, too.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    As the state makes more normally law abiding citizens into criminals, the newly minted criminals will become more normalized into the exact demographic that will become the truly biggest threat that these Bolshevik tyrants in governments will have to fear.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This just goes to show the Antis' ignorance, people who purchase lots of ammo are sport shooters, people who train to maintain skills, etc. On the other hand 5 rounds in the hand of a criminal can harm many people. It's all about control and nothing about reducing crime...and also about raising taxes so they can promote their agendas.

There's no need to raise taxes to promote their agendas - they have access to unlimited $$$. They raise taxes to exert control over their inferiors.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I got $100 to wager, Ammo is next.

Heck Oregon is proposing 5 shot mags/revolvers and limit purchase to 20 rounds a month.
    https://www.guns.com/news/2019/01/1...agazines-to-5-rds-ration-ammo-to-20-rds-month

Annapolis is right now saying,, why didn't we think about that!!!

Well that one was just a bunch of kids who proposed and and some law makers were like “awww. Cute kids, let’s humor them. It isn’t like it’ll pass or anything”.

If it is a stupid law, don’t F-ing introduce it!

Learn to reload or make friends with someone who does. I have 10,000 5.56 brass 8000 9mm brass, 6000 .45ACP brass 4000 40S&W brass and 1000 7.62x51 brass in the pipeline now. If that's not possible learn the fastest route to your closest out of state gun store or Wally World...I have a friend with a store in Nye County Nevada. His parking lot has more California plates than NV plates most days...they ain't coming for the gambling

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Monkey County tried some kind of ammo restriction or registration scheme back in the '80s...Maryland's preemption law scotched that in court in fairly short order. I wouldn't be surprised if some anti within the MGA or a group lobbying a friendly anti is trying to come up with some exception (like Baltimore has wanted) or completely abolishing the preemption law.

Oh it's coming. It's clear that as other commie states pass laws that aren't challenged, Maryland will follow suit. Where do you think the brain dead libs in the MGA are getting their ideas? If there are no challenges to Washington State or Hawaii's ban on semi autos that's what we will be facing next year. A complete ban on ALL magazine fed semi auto firearms...all of them..California will be passing a similar bill soon and their Governor has already promised to sign it. It bans everything semi auto...no grand fathering...turn them in or go to jail...Just watch....SO, where is the NRA on these bans? Why aren't they filing law suit after law suit? I have my opinion on why but I will keep it to myself...no need to stir up another hornet's nest...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Oh it's coming. It's clear that as other commie states pass laws that aren't challenged, Maryland will follow suit. Where do you think the brain dead libs in the MGA are getting their ideas? If there are no challenges to Washington State or Hawaii's ban on semi autos that's what we will be facing next year. A complete ban on ALL magazine fed semi auto firearms...all of them..California will be passing a similar bill soon and their Governor has already promised to sign it. It bans everything semi auto...no grand fathering...turn them in or go to jail...Just watch....SO, where is the NRA on these bans? Why aren't they filing law suit after law suit? I have my opinion on why but I will keep it to myself...no need to stir up another hornet's nest...

I would love to hear you opinion .

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    One of the tactics the antis ploy is to knowing propose laws they know are not likely to get passed...at least in the initial form. If they do get through it's a win for them...even in a watered down form they consider it a win and they'll be back for what they "compromised" out of it the next legislative session. The other ploy is to advance proposals everywhere to strain the operating budgets of all the pro-freedom organizations and their ability to fight back.

The antis continue to throw legislative mud against the wall to see something stick and get passed.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Learn to reload or make friends with someone who does. I have 10,000 5.56 brass 8000 9mm brass, 6000 .45ACP brass 4000 40S&W brass and 1000 7.62x51 brass in the pipeline now. If that's not possible learn the fastest route to your closest out of state gun store or Wally World...I have a friend with a store in Nye County Nevada. His parking lot has more California plates than NV plates most days...they ain't coming for the gambling

Doesn’t CA control ammunition components like ammo itself now? Also it is illegal to buy ammo out of state and bring it back in, right?

Not saying many don’t or won’t flaunt that. But they do attempt to reach their long arm

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Box of 50 9mm for $6... Box of 50 .45ACP for $9... That was when you should've stocked up.

Yep.... I should have bought gold at $300 and oz too.... but the point is even at $15 or $20 or $25 a box, it will seem like a bargain compared to what future prices will be once they figure out how to squeeze the supply. Think the Post-Sandy Hook ammo drought, but with no end in sight. If you can afford to put a bit aside, now is not too late. It doesn't go bad, and the worse case scenario is your kids will be enjoying your stockpile well after we are gone. Hell, I'm still shooting stuff from the Spanish American war.

Just my $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom