• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ravens52

Mar 8, 2011
    Millersville, MD
    I'm new to this forum thing and this is my first post ever, so be gentle. I want some new toys (thank you Mark at 2A Sales) and have decided to part with a few things. One item in particular I can't get a guage on it's value and was hoping someone has an idea or could giude me in the right direction. I have a Enfield Fazakerly NO4 MK2, sn - pf332xxx still in the wrapper and cosmoline. The tag is dated 1954. I purchased two of these and took one out for shooting. I have done research and determined that it has something to do with an Ireland issue, but as far as value, it's all over the place. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    In the early 90's Century sold these as "Irish Contract Enfields" for $150 ea. I remember seeing them selling at MD gunshows around that time for $215. Before the crash prices were quickly escalating on these but since then the market's gone soft. Still, to the right buyer it's worth a good bit more than what they originally sold for! I'd swag in the $600-650 range. Might fetch more in a good auction with the right buyers. Haven't seen one in the wrap come up for sale lately so I don't have a better estimate than that.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Quick fill in of the history.
    WW2 is over, millions of rifles are excess to requirements. There are hundreds of thousands of soldiers returnng & demobbing so unemployment is going so skyrocket.
    The last thing needed is to close The Fazackerly armory, laying of even more people. So waht to do?

Make rifles under contract & rebuild & refurbish other rifles. (A process called FTR "Factory Through Repair".)

There were a bunch of "contract rifles", one such being for Ireland. There was absolutely no difference between these & other contract rifles, but the imagination credited these rifles with collectible status for some unexplained reason. They had nothing at all to do with Ireland, or anything else it was just a lot of numbers assigned to a production run that was never paid for & so never delivered.
    Figure the same price as any other Lee Enfield post war in the same or similar condition.
    Mummy still sealed in the wrapping $500~600, unwrapped like new condition $300~400.
    Average shape $300.
    More here:

mphttp://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=34901

The so called "Irish Contract" rifles are in the serial range PF309348 to PF 359347.Most were never delivered and put in storage until sold as surplus.

ravens52

Mar 8, 2011
    Millersville, MD
    Thanks for the input and links. Great info. I think I'll put it in the classifieds when I get the required number of post. I did get a few pictures so you can see what I was talking about.

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_237a.jpg

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    I took mine out of the wrap because way back then there was no way in hell I was not going to shoot my brand new Enfield. All I have left of the wrap is the tag.
    I remember seeing one on Gunbroker.com still in the wrap and with a number matching blade bayonet sell for around $800 a couple years ago.

MyMilitarySurplusRifles019.jpg

001-2.jpg

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    your rifle is something a collector would want to buy, probably not to shoot but leave wrapped. I would try gunboards for the sale or gunbroker.I doubt you will find a buyer willing to pay top dollar on this website outside of a few people I can think of. That said its very nice and I would love to have one. Remember, once you sell one like that its gone and no more are coming. I would hold onto it and save for whatever else you are trying to buy

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    just looked on gunbroker, past 90 days looks like only one has sold it went for 750.00 was taken out of the wrap two years ago and had 60 rounds through it. There are a few others that never got any bids that started around 1000. So I think the upper limit on this would be around 800-900. Id still keep it.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Not to be an ass, I'd pay $400. As I know what they sold for and I'm cheap. You can get $800 fast or list it for $900 and wait for a buyer. Highest I've seen one sell for was $1,150 at a show.

:thumbsup: I bought a few in the 90s for my father I dont think I paid more then $200 for them . There is one sitting at a local shop now for almost $1500 i almost choked lol . Its been sitting there for 4 months that i know of Im quessing its on consignment.And thats out of the wrap.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    :thumbsup: I bought a few in the 90s for my father I dont think I paid more then $200 for them . There is one sitting at a local shop now for almost $1500 i almost choked lol . Its been sitting there for 4 months that i know of Im quessing its on consignment.And thats out of the wrap.

Out of the wrap it's just an old clean rifle, $400 tops. I hit the big shows and have been collecting Enfields heavy for 40 years. $1500 I'll start selling my unwrapped $150 (1996 prices) specials.

Wonder what those old nasty "T" rifles will bring :D

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    There is one sitting at a local shop now for almost $1500 i almost choked lol . Its been sitting there for 4 months that i know of Im quessing its on consignment.And thats out of the wrap.

If you say you'll buy it do they at least offer you a fan belt to bite on during the ass-raping?

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Out of the wrap it's just an old clean rifle, $400 tops. I hit the big shows and have been collecting Enfields heavy for 40 years. $1500 I'll start selling my unwrapped $150 (1996 prices) specials.

Wonder what those old nasty "T" rifles will bring :D

I saw one on GA for $4500 . I would like to find a jungle carbine I just cant bring myself to pay what they ask for them now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom