• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    50 0nlookers and apparently no one with a firearm. Almost beats this guy to death and they end the article with his 2017 record...

https://www.delawareonline.com/stor...uck-car-he-punches-senior-citizen/1823041002/

A University of Delaware running back was walking with his family to a hotel across the street from the stadium following last Saturday's game when a car struck his mother.

A crowd of more than 50 football fans looked on as Khory D. Spruill pulled the elderly driver from the car and repeatedly punched him in the face, according to court documents filed after his arrest for assault.

The event unfolded about 7:50 p.m., less than an hour after UD's victory over Towson Saturday. The 19-year-old football player and his brother were walking across on the four-lane South College Avenue followed by his mother.

Newark police officers patrol the intersections near the stadium while football fans leave, but Spruill and his family cut across between intersections, without a crosswalk, according to court documents.

While the brothers crossed, they heard a scream and turned to see the car strike Sakeena Pickett, police said. The 77-year-old man driving the car stopped, and witnesses said Spruill began to bang on the car door and hood, according to court records.

A witness told police Spruill pulled the elderly driver out of the car and started punching him in the face as the crowd screamed, according to police and records.

A bystander told the bloodied driver to get back in the car and to lock the doors. The senior citizen told police he was terrified and feared for his life, so he drove off, records show.

An officer, who interviewed the driver, said he thought the man had suffered a head injury but he refused treatment, court documents said.

Police are not filing charges against the driver, Newark police said.

Pickett was admitted to a local hospital with serious injuries, Newark police said.

The football player, from Clinton, Maryland, was charged with second-degree assault and criminal mischief. He turned himself in to police and was released on a $6,500 unsecured bail.

Spruill is sophomore running back. While he didn’t carry the football, he did play in Saturday’s game. On the season, the 6-foot, 230-pound player has 14 carries for 37 yards and one touchdown.

The university said it is cooperating with Newark Police and has referred the matter to UD's Student Conduct office.

"As always, the safety and welfare of all members of the Blue Hens family is of the utmost priority," said UD spokesman Scott Day.
    As a freshman in 2017, he had 51 carries for 183 yards and two touchdowns.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    it's interesting. a couple decades ago, they had to build a wall around del state to keep kids from doing this same thing, crossing at unmarked areas and getting kilt.

the wall focused them into designated crossing areas. a quick googling shows the wall and fences are still there. (+1 wall recommendation)

i think the case, and the defense of the assault case by the player, will focus on the emotion of watching your mother get hit by a car. not that i would agree, and wouldn't necessarily give a not guilty verdit if on a jury, but i would have some empathy.

as far as the driver, i'll defer to newark pd.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    it's interesting. a couple decades ago, they had to build a wall around del state to keep kids from doing this same thing, crossing at unmarked areas and getting kilt.

the wall focused them into designated crossing areas. a quick googling shows the wall and fences are still there. (+1 wall recommendation)

i think the case, and the defense of the assault case by the player, will focus on the emotion of watching your mother get hit by a car. not that i would agree, and wouldn't necessarily give a not guilty verdit if on a jury, but i would have some empathy.

as far as the driver, i'll defer to newark pd.

If I witnessed my mother being hit by a vehicle, I would have been at my mother's side.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Let’s see.....UofD football “hero” jaywalks and his elderly mother follows behind and gets hit by car. Punk starts beating up elderly driver instead of helping mother. Yea, I see where his priorities are! Man that got beat should file and assault and battery claim against the punk. But then you’ll have all the lawyers claiming “emotional distress” for his momentary outlash. I bet you’ll find other cases about him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom