• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    So if I buy knife that I cant flick open at the store but after years of use and opening and closing that knife now does open with flick of a wrist 10% of the time it is a gravity knife even though it may not have been that way when new. Yeah seems vague enough... I fail to see how a gravity knife is anymore dangerous than lets say a 1 one handed operated one but hey what do I know I am not liberal enough.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    I have a NY taser case going right now and Jim Maloney has a 2a case going to trial re nun chucks.
    After those are wrapped up, Id be tempted to file a knife case on 2a grounds.
    I think knife rights is adverse to doing a 2a challenge for some reason

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I have a NY taser case going right now and Jim Maloney has a 2a case going to trial re nun chucks.
    After those are wrapped up, Id be tempted to file a knife case on 2a grounds.
    I think knife rights is adverse to doing a 2a challenge for some reason

I know how to win the nunchakus case.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    I have a Gerber Obsidian folder with a slide safety and a push-button lock. It locks both closed and open. There are no spring assists. If you slide the safety and push the lock-release, and flick it really, really hard (like almost throw it across the room) you can barely get it to deploy the blade.

Horse-pucky that this is a "gravity" knife. My grandmother's knitting needles are likely a New York "gravity" knife as well.

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    Good GOD! I have an entire collection of knives in my kitchen that are PERMANENTLY open. They don't close at all!!! Are they assault knives? Fully automatic?!?! I think I need to submit myself for a background check... Who sells a good knife safe???

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Good GOD! I have an entire collection of knives in my kitchen that are PERMANENTLY open. They don't close at all!!! Are they assault knives? Fully automatic?!?! I think I need to submit myself for a background check... Who sells a good knife safe???

They are full semi-automatic... :innocent0 :lol2:

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia

Ask the Brits, they know about knives....

Q

Sleepy

Jan 19, 2013
    They are full semi-automatic... :innocent0 :lol2:

img16o.jpg

It looks like my full semi-auto magazine clip holds more than 10.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I have a Gerber Obsidian folder with a slide safety and a push-button lock. It locks both closed and open. There are no spring assists. If you slide the safety and push the lock-release, and flick it really, really hard (like almost throw it across the room) you can barely get it to deploy the blade.

Horse-pucky that this is a "gravity" knife. My grandmother's knitting needles are likely a New York "gravity" knife as well.

Most of folders will mostly likely deploy with a flick as long as I use my whole arm and almost dislocate my elbow.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    My paw taught me how to flick open my Buck 110, which was the most popular carry knife in / inside high school. Those were the days.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    An actual "gravity knife " , the blade slides out purely from gravity with a button is pushed . Actually fairly rare and unusual.

As (mis) applied in NY , it is virtually every folding knife .

j.smooth4

Feb 24, 2017
    Laurel, MD
    An actual "gravity knife " , the blade slides out purely from gravity with a button is pushed . Actually fairly rare and unusual.

Yup Ive heard of cops using their full force to swing and swinging knives for 45 mins to try and make a multitool or swiss army knife into a gravity knife

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

This is the wonderfulness of The Sullivan Law. Pretty much ANYTHING that a turn-of-the-(20th)-century Italian legal immigrant could use to defend themself was made illegal in NYC so that the Tammany Hall boys could shake them down for their pennies.

Somewhat like what the MGA is heading toward here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom