• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trkyhntr

Jan 9, 2020
    I love that. They do not realize that most of not all gun owners always go out shooting and practice a lot. What is the annual training going to do. MORONS

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    This is exactly what they'd like to think; that they are stupid. Not stupidity, MALICE. If you think they are stupid, then you are the one who has been fooled.

Great point Ed. Young is a sly dog well versed in the ways of politics. He didn't serve multiple terms as Frederick Mayor and get elected to the Senate by being stupid - he is a Dem thru and thru though and a smug one at that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is exactly what they'd like to think; that they are stupid. Not stupidity, MALICE. If you think they are stupid, then you are the one who has been fooled.

This. The legislation this year is unapologetically malicious.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I do believe these peope ARE that stupid but there is someone behind the scenes feeding them the basics and sometimes an actual script.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Someone here should primary him. I don't think he's all that popular honestly, he's just the only choice.
    Just saw this thread. I don't think he's running for reelection when his term is up in another couple of years. I strongly suspect that his wife is interested in the seat, and there has been noise of a draft Chuck Jenkins on the Republican side. Would make for an interesting match. If held today, Sheriff Jenkins is more popular than Del. Young in my opinion.

Like Mark75H, I also wonder what motivated him to put forward this legislation. Someone must have approached him. Maybe that Lev928 guy did and after approaching him thought he could curry support in the gun community by starting his thread here.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Well, the people in Young's district do nothing to get him out of office. I've seen nothing over the years about anyone challenging him or working to remove him..... other than the usual internet huff and puff...

It's not my district, Edwards is my critter, but you would think that the people that live in his district would at least make a stink about him. Young should not have that seat considering where it is.

Pathetic.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Well, the people in Young's district do nothing to get him out of office. I've seen nothing over the years about anyone challenging him or working to remove him..... other than the usual internet huff and puff...

It's not my district, Edwards is my critter, but you would think that the people that live in his district would at least make a stink about him. Young should not have that seat considering where it is.

Pathetic.

Giangrande ran against young in 2018 and while I thought he ran a good campaign, young won the seat 30,391 to 21,471.

Young enjoys long standing family name recognition here in FREDERICK where he served as mayor for two terms and has demographics increasingly in his side as the MontCo Cancer spreads. FNP has an article last week reporting that registered Dems > Rs for the first time in the county.

This is no longer the Frederick of days gone by :(

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    what i would like to see is aholes like this starting this and the supreme court finally say they got too big for their britches and overturn a bunch of these crazy a** laws.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    what i would like to see is aholes like this starting this and the supreme court finally say they got too big for their britches and overturn a bunch of these crazy a** laws.

Wouldn't be the first time and it doesn't have to get as far as the SC.

About 10 years ago the MGA set a record for struck down laws in one session (for any state legislature in the USA). Maybe this group is trying to set a new record.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Wouldn't be the first time and it doesn't have to get as far as the SC.

About 10 years ago the MGA set a record for struck down laws in one session (for any state legislature in the USA). Maybe this group is trying to set a new record.

VA vs MD, in the 4th Circuit, for the 2020 title bout.
    Get your popcorn ready. :popcorn:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    MD will win hands down. We are only watching the 2A stuff, the MGA is working on stuff across the entire spectrum

VA has also exceeded their prior record for highest number of bills submitted in a session by 25% or something ridiculous. But they have only a week or two early in the session in which bills can be submitted, so MD can keep submitting crap all the way until crossover day.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    VA vs MD, in the 4th Circuit, for the 2020 title bout.
    Get your popcorn ready. :popcorn:

I'm not familiar with how these scenes play out, but I can imagine a slew of requests for injunctions against these laws taking effect. That translates to lots of billable hours for lots of lawyers.

Better start saving now for a defense of your remaining liberties. The opposition has absurdly deep pockets, and is ready to finance whatever it takes to disarm, disenfranchise and demean anyone who resists their desires.

Fortunately, this is a state-level struggle. There are numerous Maryland attorneys who will not buck the State on topics that the government holds dear; they know full well that the courts will forever rule against their clients once they've seriously strayed off the reservation. But with national attention on the issues, outside legal help can safely attack the GA's sorry legislation.

That level of legal help is not cheap. Unfortunately, I don't foresee a better way forward. Stopping this legislation from being implemented is far better than dealing with them once they've become law.

While there still exist states that have sane representation regarding 2A, a very real battle is being fought in MD and VA, and the effects will reverberate throughout the nation, one way or the other, depending on the outcomes.

I'm not familiar with how these scenes play out, but I can imagine a slew of requests for injunctions against these laws taking effect. That translates to lots of billable hours for lots of lawyers.

Better start saving now for a defense of your remaining liberties. The opposition has absurdly deep pockets, and is ready to finance whatever it takes to disarm, disenfranchise and demean anyone who resists their desires.

Fortunately, this is a state-level struggle. There are numerous Maryland attorneys who will not buck the State on topics that the government holds dear; they know full well that the courts will forever rule against their clients once they've seriously strayed off the reservation. But with national attention on the issues, outside legal help can safely attack the GA's sorry legislation.

That level of legal help is not cheap. Unfortunately, I don't foresee a better way forward. Stopping this legislation from being implemented is far better than dealing with them once they've become law.

While there still exist states that have sane representation regarding 2A, a very real battle is being fought in MD and VA, and the effects will reverberate throughout the nation, one way or the other, depending on the outcomes.

Virginia is not far from something most Maryland gun owners would never consider..actually fighting for their rights..not waiting for the court to give their opinion on why you shouldn't own a gun. The VCDL is about to lose control.

MykR0k

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 13, 2020
    Nothing, and I mean NOTHING is more important to the left than their agenda of control. Complete power is their goal. Once attained they can flex their muscles and do anything they wish..they know they cant achieve that goal until they disarm us..they will do whatever it takes..

"Once attained they can flex their muscles and do anything they wish" That's the question we should be asking. What do they wish, what's their next step after gun control. IMO, it's more government, bigger government that we pay for and they exploit for their personal benefit.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    VA has also exceeded their prior record for highest number of bills submitted in a session by 25% or something ridiculous. But they have only a week or two early in the session in which bills can be submitted, so MD can keep submitting crap all the way until crossover day.
    Slight correction - the MGA can, and has, submitted bills all the way through Sine Die. Just needs enough political clout from the Speaker or President to push things through Rules in each House. They will hold a committee hearing standing in the State House lobby to say it was public if they want something badly enough.

90-day, full contact sport...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Virginia is not far from something most Maryland gun owners would never consider..actually fighting for their rights..not waiting for the court to give their opinion on why you shouldn't own a gun. The VCDL is about to lose control.

Yup.

Outside the DC metropolitan area, and maybe their port cities, VA is not going down without a fight.

The question is whether the response will break the resistance, or the other way round.

MD is stuck in the court battle; which is not to say we cannot win, but it will take a lot of time, and money, and meanwhile the infringements will continue and increase. I'm way too old to count on MD to be successful in what remains of my lifetime, and that lifetime would likely be shortened by being imprisoned for breaking one or another of their absurd laws - either existing or yet to be legislated.

Fortunately there are still states that support my personal beliefs, which can easily be summed up in a sentence: My rights don't end where your feelings begin - leave me alone and you'll have no trouble from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom