• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Oh, if you don't, carbon impregnanted water filter is a must. Mine needs changing every 3-4 months. My water isn't terrible without it, but it does taste noticeably better with it. Tastes a heck of a lot better than Baltimore city water, which I don't think tastes bad (compared to public water in some parts of the country that use chloramines to treat their water).

I have no real water hardness issues. I get very slight build up over the scale of YEARS, but it isn't like I get scaling in weeks or even months. Clean the shower head or faucet once a year and you'll never notice a build up. No issue with soap lather or washing clothes.

Dal1as

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2009
    Our house was built in 79 and the ph of the well was tested at 6.7 in 1999. I began having pinhole leaks around 2003 to 2005. Can't remember but somewhere around there. I ended up replacing all copper with pvc. Luckilly I had access to most of it through the lower level.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    My well water pH is 8 plus. And very hard. We also have a slight metallic taste which I believe is the iron in the water. I enjoy my well water. Mixes great with my whiskys.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Mine is '61 and doing fine except an outdoor valve which won't quite shut all the way. Bib will still shut off, but the shut off from the supply line will only close 99% of the way. Too lazy to replace right now. Maybe in the spring I'll grab another valve and break out my torch.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I have another invoice that shows some additional data.

Hardness = 3
    Iron = .3
    TDS = 174

Do you think a neutralizer with just calcite would still be the best solution. I am not sure that I have the time to tackle this but the $1495 quote seems a bit high from what you guys are stating.

I have another invoice that shows some additional data.

Hardness = 3
    Iron = .3
    TDS = 174

Do you think a neutralizer with just calcite would still be the best solution. I am not sure that I have the time to tackle this but the $1495 quote seems a bit high from what you guys are stating.

Yes- just a calcite neutralizer. It should cost ~$600 and take a few hours.
    This situation is pretty cut and dry.

Bugman

Dec 24, 2015
    I would have it tested for Radium as well.Alot of people get Radon and Radium confused.Radon is a gas that comes from the ground.Radium is a mineral that is dangerous to consume.There are safe levels.But ide rather have the level at zero%.Most basic water test do not test for Radium.

GunLvrPhD

Apr 16, 2008
    Falls Church, VA
    Your level of nitrate is safe but does indicate human activity has probably impacted your aquifer.

I'd get a RO (reverse osmosis) system for the kitchen tap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom