• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Hello all! Quick introduction, my name is Ronan, grew up in NY (originally from France). Moved to MD a few years ago (I live in Annapolis, next to downtown). I own a large 3D manufacturing business near DC (we serve an international customer base).

I finally got myself a basic 5.56 AR15 that i'm working on. Currently looking for quality gun ranges that accept rifles (so far everything seems to be closed knitted clubs and/or handgun ranges...).

Hope everyone is doing alright :)

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Welcome !

Firstly , an active , full service Gun Club isn't a bad thing , and they have lots to offer . Don't write them off .

But as far as the question for open to public ( for hourly fee ) : Closest to you is Md Small Arms , indoor 50yds rifle capable ( zip code says Upper Marlboro , physically closer to Forrestville ) , about 30 minutes .

Delmarva Sporting Clays , way far ranges , Mardela Springs, Md , about 1.5hr .

And inbetween in status is Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore . You have to be a member of an assocated Gun Club . A cpl dozen to choose from , with a variety of experiences . Ranging from all around full service , to highly specialized , to totally no frills . If that's what you really want , options include annual minimal dues , no meeting, no obligations . ( Plus annual fee for range badge to use the ranges ) .

Multiple different ranges , up to 200yds . 45min from you .

3D Printing , eh ? ( wink, wink )

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 300

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Some private clubs you need to be sponsored , which keeps the club saver and everyone knows each other . I like my club , but i need to get there more often just too busy .

The 3D printing thing is so interesting to come up now ...Hey welcome to the forum

Maryland just sued so the 3D gun plans don't make it to market , as Jim Nabors would say surprise surprise

Ronan

3D Printing Guru
    Jul 30, 2018
    Annapolis, MD
    Some private clubs you need to be sponsored , which keeps the club saver and everyone knows each other . I like my club , but i need to get there more often just too busy .

The 3D printing thing is so interesting to come up now ...Hey welcome to the forum

Maryland just sued so the 3D gun plans don't make it to market , as Jim Nabors would say surprise surprise

Similar 3D gun plans have been around for years. Honestly it's easier to do a 80% lower... Or heck buy a cheap shottie. US gun laws are very lax compared to other countries. We tested 3D printing AR's for a LE agency a few years back, meh. The aluminum one was fine.. but that's on our industrial metal 3D printer. Not exactly pocket change. All AR lowers have been destroyed after testing of course.

I don't like talking US politics, but personally, i'm more concerned about unqualified gun owners (mental health, ptsd, etc) and stolen/street guns used for crimes than some criminal Mastermind 3D printing or CNC guns... But I'm sure some idiot will do it, hurt himself/someone and blame it on everyone/everything else. Seems to be the trend lately...

RetiredArmyGuy

Jan 16, 2018
    Pasadena, MD
    Similar 3D gun plans have been around for years. Honestly it's easier to do a 80% lower... Or heck buy a cheap shottie. US gun laws are very lax compared to other countries. We tested 3D printing AR's for a LE agency a few years back, meh. The aluminum one was fine.. but that's on our industrial metal 3D printer. Not exactly pocket change. All AR lowers have been destroyed after testing of course.

I don't like talking US politics, but personally, i'm more concerned about unqualified gun owners (mental health, ptsd, etc) and stolen/street guns used for crimes than some criminal Mastermind 3D printing or CNC guns... But I'm sure some idiot will do it, hurt himself/someone and blame it on everyone/everything else. Seems to be the trend lately...

Another broad brush. Perhaps you should research a topic prior to making asinine comments. PTSD and unqualified gun owners is a leftist talking point and is not based on any fact whatsoever. Although there are studies out there that have found people with PTSD are more likely to be violent there are even more studies that discount this theory once researchers examined confounding factors such as substance abuse and co-occurring psychiatric disorders. It makes me sick to my stomach when I read things that automatically paint those who have been traumatized by things like sexual assault, child abuse, natural disaster, death or defending this nation in combat as violent people. As you said “but I am sure some idiot will do it, hurt himself/someone and blame it on” PTSD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom