What handgun is currently NOT on the roster that you wish was?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Interested to see some of the various answers as most would be rare/uncommon

Personally I would like to grab a

Chiappa Rhino 30DS
    Glock 19 Gen5 (although that will be pushed for approval asap)

Later next year once released
    Hudson H9

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Anything with thug duck* tape on the grips - Baltimore thugs carry some nifty shit.

DIWqK7CV4AEItuf.jpg

Wolf Gold Ammo, brass case no less. They only carry the best, why cant we get some of this.

Here I thought all this time Wolf only made steel case ammo. :rolleyes:

*duck tape, ans in DUCK they are shooting!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Because they spent all their money on Wolf Gold and cant afford to buy a holster?

I am told the tape prevents err, slippage when the gun is tucked away. Another technique I saw was heavy usage of rubber bands.

I've heard of the rubber band trick, but not tape. Learns something new.....

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    I figured it would go beyond a simple form to add it, but I'll fill it out if so.. really want the new white rhino

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    As for the thug gun, I don't think any electrical tape revolvers are on the roster so I bet that guy is in big trouble

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Well, I had to pass a Walther SSP recently because it wasn't listed. Hell, half the Olympic Free Pistols aren't, either.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    To answer the OP seriously, that as a collector of Israeli firearms, I don't appreciate that they banned the Intratec CAT9. That particular pistol was designed by Israeli designer Nehemiah Sirkis, and it's one I'd like to eventually add to my collection.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    :D
    I figured it would go beyond a simple form to add it, but I'll fill it out if so.. really want the new white rhino

Its a simple for and the only hard part is the wait. Since there are already other models of the Rhino on the roster, its only a matter of filling out the form and waiting. Model and caliber additions of handguns already on the roster take minimal effort. petition is here: http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

I am not sure when the next meeting is, once you submit the form it takes a month or two after that meeting to get published.

Unfortunately, you missed the Aug 30th meeting. But if you submit today, you could have one for Christmas. :D

Biggie313

Molon Labe
    Feb 23, 2010
    Essex
    Ruger LCR 5440. Exactly the same as the Ruger LCR in .38, but has copper cylinder, and different model number. :(

steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    not a direct answer to the OP question, but I do wish the Mossberg shockwave was NOT treated as a handgun for transportation purposes.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Ruger LCR 5440. Exactly the same as the Ruger LCR in .38, but has copper cylinder, and different model number. :(

Did you try calling the lady that deals with the handgun roster to see if she can just add the sku?
    I recently had a Ruger LCP II in the new grey cerakote color added (sku 3759 instead of 3750 for regular black)
    Took just over a week but not sure it's that close of a model with such a minor difference that they can process it on the spot without a form

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    :D

Its a simple for and the only hard part is the wait. Since there are already other models of the Rhino on the roster, its only a matter of filling out the form and waiting. Model and caliber additions of handguns already on the roster take minimal effort. petition is here: http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...onBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

I am not sure when the next meeting is, once you submit the form it takes a month or two after that meeting to get published.

Unfortunately, you missed the Aug 30th meeting. But if you submit today, you could have one for Christmas. :D

I have never submitted a firearm for approval, so please take my comment with a handful of salt, but I thought there was a requirement to provide a sample of the handgun along with the application? Did I miss something?

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    I have never submitted a firearm for approval, so please take my comment with a handful of salt, but I thought there was a requirement to provide a sample of the handgun along with the application? Did I miss something?

If its a whole new gun, sure. And they really do test them, and fail them see this set of minutes: http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Documents/Minutes 4-20-17.pdf

Calico Liberty, epic fail!

But for simple Caliber Additions or for different configurations ("Model Additions") of an existing model already approved (say 3" vs 4" barrel), process is pretty streamlined and these get unanimous approval, no testing report.

For the Chiappa Rhino 30DS, the Chiappa 20DS, 40DS, 50DS, 60DS are already on the roster (these are all same gun, different barrel length). The Ruger LCR 5440 is exactly the same as the Ruger LCR, but has copper cylinder. For things like this, I see no downside to filling out the petition form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom