• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    I came across a blade when I was doing a trash out on a house and I was wondering if it was anything special. The knife is stamped Hans Andersen Denmark Stainless. The blade is 4.5 inches, overall 8.5 inches and the knife has finger grooves in the handle . The knife is full tang and has a leather bushcraft style sheaf that is interesting due to the water damage that was in the house I got it from. All in all it looks like it is a half way decent camp knife . I was thinking about using it as a camp knife unless it had some kind of collector value then I was thinking about selling it .

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Off topic, I know, but whats a trash out? Cleaning out an abandoned house?

Exactly . The bank when they kick someone out of their house the former occupants will usually trash the place and leave a good bit of crap at the house . Some of it is worth something most of the time it is crap. Sometimes you wonder if it is worth anything and ask people who might know AKA MDS .

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Exactly . The bank when they kick someone out of their house the former occupants will usually trash the place and leave a good bit of crap at the house . Some of it is worth something most of the time it is crap. Sometimes you wonder if it is worth anything and ask people who might know AKA MDS .

Got to do that once; girlfriend's Dad is a realtor and knew someone who hired me for a day to help. I'm sure in most instances its a dirty job but for that one day it was like being the American Pickers. I don't know you but if you ever need labor let me know :lol:

Back to the topic though :lol:

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012

Attachments

• 2017-08-10 19.34.07.jpg
      2017-08-10 19.34.07.jpg
      36.3 KB · Views: 269
    • 2017-08-10 19.34.44.jpg
      2017-08-10 19.34.44.jpg
      24.4 KB · Views: 248
    • 2017-08-10 19.35.28.jpg
      2017-08-10 19.35.28.jpg
      36.7 KB · Views: 254
    • 2017-08-10 19.35.59.jpg
      2017-08-10 19.35.59.jpg
      40 KB · Views: 338

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    :needpics:
    You know this was coming

Q

Got to do that once; girlfriend's Dad is a realtor and knew someone who hired me for a day to help. I'm sure in most instances its a dirty job but for that one day it was like being the American Pickers. I don't know you but if you ever need labor let me know :lol:

Back to the topic though :lol:

Send me a PM and I will let you know when I get the call for extra hands . FYI office is in Frederick and we start kind of late in the day and we all smoke in the trucks .

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't know...

Looks like a kitchen knife. I wouldn't use it as a first resort....

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Send me a PM and I will let you know when I get the call for extra hands . FYI office is in Frederick and we start kind of late in the day and we all smoke in the trucks .

Thanks for the pics. My Google Fu, and Bing Chun were not good. How thick is the blade? Steak knife, Butter Knife, folder thick?

Q

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks for the pics. My Google Fu, and Bing Chun were not good. How thick is the blade? Steak knife, Butter Knife, folder thick?

Q

I am guessing it is around 3/16 of an inch . It is slightly bigger then 1/8 of an inch spine. The belly of the knife is around 3/4 of an inch . It feels like a beefy steak knife but if I had to say it was folder thick.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    That's a very nice knife. It is basically a puukko. Which is a scandavian do everything knife. (Think Moraknives)

I do not know anything about the maker but that is pretty plain jane for a puukko. They are often very decorated.

I would say use it. That's what it was made for

Last edited:

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    That's a very nice knife. It is basically a puukko. Which is a scandavian do everything knife. (Think Moraknives)

I do not know anything about the maker but that is pretty plain jane for a puukko. They are often very decorated.

I would say use it. That's what it was made for

I was also thinking bushcraft design. Pairing the sheathe with it i would say a decent knife to have in the woods.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I guarantee it is worth more than you paid for it.

Use it and see . If it holds an edge well enough to be useful, declare Victory . If not , that sheath is worth more thsn you paid for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom