• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I inherited another reloader. This one is setup for shotgun (maybe 20g or 16g) i forget atm. However.. The blue cast "arm/body" part says xl650 but there is a sticker in front (silver ish) that says SL900.

Anyone know what the hell i'm looking at? I wanna set it up for reloading SOMETHING useful. It hasn't been used in 7-8 years.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    It Looks like the SL900 uses the base of a 650.. but can't go back the other way. I have.. little to no interest in reloading shotgun.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    The SL 900 is their shotshell reloader. They don’t offer it in 16ga. It’s either a 12 or a 20. I’ve never used one but they’re supposed to be a good loader. They’re warranted for life if you need any parts. Just call Dillon and they’ll ship them out to you.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    The SL 900 is their shotshell reloader. They don’t offer it in 16ga. It’s either a 12 or a 20. I’ve never used one but they’re supposed to be a good loader. They’re warranted for life if you need any parts. Just call Dillon and they’ll ship them out to you.

@pinecone - ya. i put in a ticket w/ Dillon over the weekened. Confirmed w/ them as well as other sources online. Never trust what you read on the internet. --Abraham Lincoln

@aamdskeetshooter - it's not 12 because they shells are significantly smaller than 12g. I just couldn't remember right off hand. Handy to know it doesn't come in a 16ga though.

There's a good chance i'm going ot want to "unload" this reloader.. to buy another 550. We'll see how things go at turkey day dinner "meeting".

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    @pinecone - ya. i put in a ticket w/ Dillon over the weekened. Confirmed w/ them as well as other sources online. Never trust what you read on the internet. --Abraham Lincoln

@aamdskeetshooter - it's not 12 because they shells are significantly smaller than 12g. I just couldn't remember right off hand. Handy to know it doesn't come in a 16ga though.

There's a good chance i'm going ot want to "unload" this reloader.. to buy another 550. We'll see how things go at turkey day dinner "meeting".

If it’s significantly smaller than a 12 it could be a 28 gauge.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Diameter by gauge:

Attachments

• bore_size_shotgun_gauge.jpg
      bore_size_shotgun_gauge.jpg
      41.3 KB · Views: 139

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics