• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    the absurdity here is that it is OK to loan a handgun to someone you are not aware is prohibited (HB96), but to loan a hunting rifle you have to do a NICS check at an FFL.

WTF?

and, I really can't imagine an FFL doing a NICS check for a "loan". ain't gonna happen. even if they would do one for a private sale, no way they will for a loan.

so go ahead and loan out your handguns, but go to jail for loaning out your shotgun.

good job MGA.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    This was probably exactly what they wanted from the beginning. The LQL nonsense was likely thrown in to make it look so horrible that we should all now thank our Lords and Masters for such a generous bill. They were never serious about the LQL IMHO. That would have alienated the hunters and the general population way too much.

I couldn't agree more here. They outsmart us all the time using this means.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    If the submit a 1000's bills and one gets passed they will call it a victory. That is why, I say we fight them and do the same thing. Flood the MGA, with bills calling for withdraw or changing the laws.

I have brought this up before.

Flood each of these junk bills with amendments. Bog them down.

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Fracking Hell...can we stop the infighting for maybe a few days?! This bill needs to be defeated if possible. Focus on that and take care of the long-term issues later.

These threads take on a life of their own, I get it. But the fighting is fruitless and does nothing but embolden the other Gorram side.

Friday, March 15, 2019 - CONTACT YOUR DELEGATES instead of bitching and sniping at each other here. These bills will be talked about on the floor session on Friday (scheduled for 12:30PM) or possibly Saturday (TBD).

If you don't know who to contact, enter your home address at https://mdelect.net to determine their contact information. Send them emails, call their offices, comment on their social media pages. Let them know where you stand.

Already done! And spread on twitter and Facebook! Contacted my LGS so they can post on Facebook.

Fabs, seriously. Stop mucking up these threads. I’m trying to gain info to disseminate and I have to read through post after post of your diatribe. It’s annoying at the least and disrespectful to the community at large who are trying to gather their info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Seems all designed to get in front of panic buying. No LQL and one per month limit, people might not feel like they need to stock up. Training, finger printing, and paying for a license that limits you to one a month, and people will binge purchase.

And for those that still might be motivated or worried about failing NICS checks, the June deadline shortens the time window to stock up.

Absolute bullsh1t that they're trying to take away the ability of someone to lend a long gun to someone that you have no reason to believe is prohibited without going to a gun store and paying a fee. How does it get transferred back? Another fee? And if the lendee doesn't want to because it's not a temporary loan but a permanent transfer?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Bump to keep the relevant above the bs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    Depends on whether you are for or against keeping firearms out of the hands of mentally ill people.

You want Adam Lanza, Nikolas Cruz, Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, etc. buying firearms off of yard sale tables? Granted, a NICS check probably would not have stopped them from buying guns though because there was nothing in NICS that would have showed they were mentally deranged. The Arizona theater shooter might have been stopped had NICS been updated with his psychiatric record.

Maybe we should work on shoring up NICS for mental disorders and not worrying about convicts that roam among us as free people.

WTF did I just read? Either they would pass a background check and it wouldn’t stop it or it’s already illegal. Putting aside the fact MURDER IS ALREADY ILLEGAL. Want to apologize some more for infringement, mate?

sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    WTF did I just read? Either they would pass a background check and it wouldn’t stop it or it’s already illegal. Putting aside the fact MURDER IS ALREADY ILLEGAL. Want to apologize some more for infringement, mate?

He's a FUDD dude relax. They're worse than liberals. Because they pretend they're for you.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Two simple yes/no questions for you and we can go from there.

Are you alright with the mentally ill having firearms?

Are you alright with convicted felons having firearms?

Answer those two questions, and then we can continue the discussion.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So....

How many people that have posted in this thread have started to contact their Delegate(s)?

How many have shared with on any social media platform at all to get their friends to do the same??

So far, I haven't seen one post saying "Done".

What I have seen, is a bunch of supposedly grown adults acting like kindergardeners. So let me ask, in mt best House Judiciary voice....ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR EVERLOVIN' FREAKIN MINDS. You ALL NEED A FREAKIN' TIME OUT. KNOCK IT OFF AND GET ON WITH THE BUSINESS OF MAKING THE DELEGATES IN ANNAPOLIS LIVES MISERABLE.

If you want to make each other miserable, then wait the frack until after the session is over and I will happily rent a tactical air sift location and you can take it out on each other until your hearts contenet. Until then, knock off the petty BS and get to work helping to work to prevent these bills from passing.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Jeff, Jeff, Jeff,

You can type an insult in the thread that you know will be delivered via e-mail notification to almost everybody in this thread, but you do not have the guts to keep it up and deleted it. Either that or the search function is broken because "Decoder" and "whale" are not turning up any hits for me.

Unlike the politicians that choose not to engage in "civil discussion" with you, I don't mind it. You really cannot intimidate me with decoder ring and whale crap. Also, if you need a decoder ring to decode standard English, you can get a decoder ring from your favorite box of kids cereal, Captain Crunch. Everybody knows that and it isn't too expensive.

I would have to admit defeat if I let you, Stove, or any of the other select few under your thumb run me off the board with your vitriol and petty insults towards people that will not follow your orders, and I really do hate losing. I hate admitting defeat even more than losing.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Yes and yes.

Alright, duly noted that you are alright with convicted felons and mentally ill people owning firearms. Of course, like me you are an attorney and you know where I am headed with those two questions and I would bet that neither of those answers would pass a polygraph.

Personally, I cannot support mentally ill people having firearms. I'm alright with convicted felons having firearms once they are released from prison. I'm fine with them having firearms even if they are on probation/parole.

If it were up to me, we would make NICS only report on those that have psychiatric problems and there would be universal background checks throughout the nation. We would also shore up NICS such that all states would keep good data on the mentally ill and report that data to NICS. Other than that, firearms for everybody.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom