• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    Well, I got my CJIS report in the mail today and the expungement process haven't reached them yet i guess. I completed the HQL application on 12/21/18 and on 12/27/18, Status is pending and everything is showing complete except for CJIS, NICS, JIS, Secure case search and Secondary Review Complete. I uploaded my expungement order for that 23 year old battery conviction and my question is will MSP go by what's on CJIS or take in consideration my expungement order documentation? Anybody that may have been down this road please share your thoughts.
    the expungement papers will suffice when I got my hql, cjis hadnt cleared my record yet either, as a matter of fact, I had purchased 2 firearms before my cjis cleared me, and each time i uploaded expungement order on 77r and was not disapproved(marylands equivalent term for approved if you're not aware)

Dec 7, 2018
    the expungement papers will suffice when I got my hql, cjis hadnt cleared my record yet either, as a matter of fact, I had purchased 2 firearms before my cjis cleared me, and each time i uploaded expungement order on 77r and was not disapproved(marylands equivalent term for approved if you're not aware)

Ok thanks marvelouzone. I was hoping to hear that answer. When CJIS finally gets around to updating my record, I will be totally clean again. I'm wondering now tho if I decide to buy a long gun later, I may get denied as it will probably take some time for it to clear from NICS too and there isn't anyway to show them my expungement order.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Ok thanks marvelouzone. I was hoping to hear that answer. When CJIS finally gets around to updating my record, I will be totally clean again. I'm wondering now tho if I decide to buy a long gun later, I may get denied as it will probably take some time for it to clear from NICS too and there isn't anyway to show them my expungement order.

You may look into getting a UPIN, not sure if that'll help in your situation but it might.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/n...inal-background-check-system-nics-appeals-vaf

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018

whats the date on your expungement order signed by the judge? is your 60 days up? I have a contact at cjis that can get it done for you same day if the expungement order has already been sent to them, which I'm sure it has if you received the sign copy from the judge.

Last edited:
    Dec 7, 2018
    Alright ladies and gentlemen. I went active this morning. I thank y’all that chimed in very much for your useful input on my situation especially marvelouzone. Quite a process but got through it.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    It's nice to read about someone getting their rights restored, even here in the PRM. Usually these threads get my blood pressure up.

Good on ya and congratulations.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    Alright ladies and gentlemen. I went active this morning. I thank y’all that chimed in very much for your useful input on my situation especially marvelouzone. Quite a process but got through it.
    Do u know exactly how many days it took to recieve the court order I just did expungement Thursday after being denied the same day when trooper called an told me I was denied I got it done 30 mins later

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Do u know exactly how many days it took to recieve the court order I just did expungement Thursday after being denied the same day when trooper called an told me I was denied I got it done 30 mins later
    the expungement takes up to 30 days, just for the court to look at it, then a few more weeks to get the court order to you. figure 5-6 weeks

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    the expungement takes up to 30 days, just for the court to look at it, then a few more weeks to get the court order to you. figure 5-6 weeks
    O ok better than 3 months….I’ll be updating expungement process as I go along as far as time lines I already know HQL apps get processed 20 days after you apply I was 7/14 to 8/4 counting all days plus weekends cuz apps get processed on Sunday also

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    App still says pending

Attachments

• 76D4BFEF-8483-40CE-9693-3A78EF17716F.png
      76D4BFEF-8483-40CE-9693-3A78EF17716F.png
      48.4 KB · Views: 67

King of COD

Jul 24, 2022
    Baltimore
    Did you talk to the officer about getting it expunged? If so what did he say about your application? Apply again or contact them again after it is expunged?
    Said send them certificate of compliance whenever I get it but when is the question I got it expunged soon as I got off phone I asked that question is my app still good or I have to reapply but I got no response after I emailed so I’m assuming they just waiting for the letter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom