• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dohc97

Nov 4, 2007
    Derwood
    What's a good budget AR to Have? Delton, Colt, Ruger, Windham,......I currently have e an and LMT CQB. Looking for a second AR to get. Looking at something between 500 and 700.

bigdv

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2010
    Calvert Co.
    I bought a Delton slick side for 349 bucks. I am more than please with it. Prefer its trigger over my Windhams trigger.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    We've used the delton for class guns and they have performed well. No problems. Used LWRC myself but those firearms work well for the money. Taken a lot of abuse and keep shooting!

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    yeah, a delton is a great budget first ar-15.

I think gym ratz has them on sale now @ $475, $510 was the original price I think. This is for a magpul version btw ( grip, trigger guard, stock and handguard)

if that's too far, (southern MD) jlowes has wydhams on sale for 600 up northeast MD.

I don't see any other ip's beating those prices currently.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    One of our vendors, John Lowe (IP section) now has Windhams for $600. Probably the best deal going on in recent times. Nothing wrong with the others you mention, but dollar for dollar, at $600, you can't beat the Windhams.

I was at his shop yesterday and there was a customer from Laurel who had driven to North East MD in order to buy a Windham at that price. That's how good of a deal it is.

Good luck with whatever decisioin you make!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    One of our vendors, John Lowe (IP section) now has Windhams for $600. Probably the best deal going on in recent times. Nothing wrong with the others you mention, but dollar for dollar, at $600, you can't beat the Windhams.

I was at his shop yesterday and there was a customer from Laurel who had driven to North East MD in order to buy a Windham at that price. That's how good of a deal it is.

Good luck with whatever decisioin you make!

I was at JLowe's yesterday also he is handling a transfer for me. He said he was selling about 4 AR's a day. Good people to deal with highly recommended.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Between 1:00 and 1:30. Someone left with two boxes as we arrived and someone and his son arrived as we left.

I was the guy leaving with the 2 boxes when you arrived. Sorry I didn't know it was you or I would have stayed and talked.

Next time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom