• ...and so much more!
  • Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Initial take from Firearm Ranch, lots of feed issues:

Honest Outlaw Reviews definitely not a fan:

Another negative review: "Absolute garbage..."

Lol, aside from the Firearm Rack, why are you listening to guys that have no real experience with the gun (19X)? Honest Outlaw Reviews is the most dishonest and misleading gun channel on Youtube. 99% of his titles are misleading and usually just amount to click bait. The other guy doesn't have the gun either and also made a wishlist type video. I personally wouldn't add these videos/opinions into the fray if I was considering buying this gun. :sad20:

Last edited:

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    I carry a 19 every day...and hate it. The reason I hate it would (mostly) be solved by this model. The 19 grip is the *perfect* length to catch the meat of my palm between the mag base and the mag well on reloads. Range days suck for that reason.

Then again, if I was going to have a 17 grip, I'd probably prefer a 17 slide anyway.

Here's something else that might be a solution for you. It's normally on the "Vickers" edition Glock 19. https://tangodown.com/shop/vickers-tactical-grip-plugtakedown-tool-for-gen4-glock-ggt-02/

Steelersfan

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 28, 2013
    I guess it's just me, but I don't understand the benefits of this. The regular 19 is better for concealed carry because of the shorter grip length. However, i prefer the 17 for the longer sight radius and barrel. Weight difference between the 19x and 17 is minimal, and slide length doesn't matter much for concealed carry anyway. I guess I just don't see where this fits. This is just my opinion, but it seems like the worst of both worlds. The 19 frame and 17 slide speaks to me more, I guess and with an extended mag or normal 17 ag in a 19, it's this gun without the 600 dollar price tag and poop color. I like Glocks, just not this one.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Lol, aside from the Firearm Rack, why are you listening to guys that have no real experience with the gun (19X)? Honest Outlaw Reviews is the most dishonest and misleading gun channel on Youtube. 99% of his titles are misleading and usually just amount to click bait. The other guy doesn't have the gun either and also made a wishlist type video. I personally wouldn't add these videos/opinions into the fray if I was considering buying this gun. :sad20:

I tend to listen to a myriad of opinions before I make decisions. I have no experience with these guys. I was just offering up some viewpoints. I appreciate you offering your input. At the end of the day I will test it myself before deciding.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I handled it at Cabela's in DE. Didn't do anything for me. Looking forward to comparing a Gen4 26 to a Gen5 26.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I don’t care what the haters think. This thing is cool and I like it. It seems to have a slightly better trigger pull and reset. It does fit well in the hand and balances well. It also fits in my bravo concealment holster so it can share with the G19 and G32.

Looks good!!

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    I'm leaning towards getting one, I've been eyeing the gen5 style glocks for a bit now. As a lefty, ambi controls are always a selling point for me.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    I tend to listen to a myriad of opinions before I make decisions. I have no experience with these guys. I was just offering up some viewpoints. I appreciate you offering your input. At the end of the day I will test it myself before deciding.

I copy, I usually do the same. Just pointing out the obvious that the majority of the referenced viewpoints/videos only had opinions but never had the gun.

Here is a positive review from an average "cop".

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Looks good!!

Thank you Sir! I’ve been preoccupied since I got it so it’s still unfired. I’ll
    Be taking it to the range this Friday. Something I’ve read about that I need to see for myself is the POA/POI. From what I understand, the tritium dots are the the point, not the top of the sight. I guess I’ll find out.
    On a side note, I changed out the sights on my G19 FS to the FBI sights. So I’m going to sight that in and try them out as well. If I like them, I may put them in the 19X. Otherwise, I like the pistol as is. As long as it works and functions, I’ll be happy.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    I agree, it'd be a solid choice for a first glock. I've seen the magazines for sale so I may end up grabbing some of those, I'd like to have a few extra rounds.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I agree, it'd be a solid choice for a first glock. I've seen the magazines for sale so I may end up grabbing some of those, I'd like to have a few extra rounds.

You do know Glock sells those +2 seperately? I buy directly from Glock I think it’s $7 for the base plate plus insert.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    You do know Glock sells those +2 seperately? I buy directly from Glock I think it’s $7 for the base plate plus insert.

I might be wrong, but I read somewhere that the springs are different in the +2 mags than with the standard 17 round mags.

Attachments

• A8547675-BFF4-4703-82FB-07D35B7A6803.jpg
      A8547675-BFF4-4703-82FB-07D35B7A6803.jpg
      104.3 KB · Views: 219

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    That’s actually a big change. Before it was just change the insert and base plate for +2. Wondering if the 19x is a limited run of what they had to make for competing for the government contract including longer springs, etc and now they are moving them out?

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    That’s actually a big change. Before it was just change the insert and base plate for +2. Wondering if the 19x is a limited run of what they had to make for competing for the government contract including longer springs, etc and now they are moving them out?

Those are some good questions. I found the picture when searching for when/where to buy spare magazines. The magazines are now available for purchase but I’ve found little information on them. Maybe your questions will be answered in time. But knowing there’s a difference in spring length, I think I’ll just buy them complete and save any grief.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom