• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    Something odd is going on at registration.

It is now taking +3 weeks to do a background check for a normal pistol registration.

Over the summer I was told after my 10 days that it could take up to either 3 or 6 months, I can't remember which one, for approval.

Jan 15, 2020
    Long time lurker on this forum but finally joined to reply to this thread.
    DC resident, I applied for my CCW yesterday (1/14) and was told emphatically - 90 days.

I'll keep everyone posted.

joyd69

Jan 18, 2017
    P.G. County
    Apply 11-13-19 so today I'm @ my 90 days mark (no extension letter) Do y'all think I can request refund back :lol2: for bad customer services :rolleyes:

joyd69

Jan 18, 2017
    P.G. County
    I just starting the waiting game :innocent0

apply 11-13-19

Well a letter came today but unfortunately it was not my license.(Concealed Carry Pistol License has been reviewed and preliminarily approved) They claim my MPD 16 hour and firearms training was not completed although I provided the paperwork. Well guess I will be catching metro again.....

Do anybody been thru this process? Do I get the license that same day or start waiting 90 days again?

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    Well a letter came today but unfortunately it was not my license.(Concealed Carry Pistol License has been reviewed and preliminarily approved) They claim my MPD 16 hour and firearms training was not completed although I provided the paperwork. Well guess I will be catching metro again.....

Do anybody been thru this process? Do I get the license that same day or start waiting 90 days again?

I picked up mine from registration IIRC.

Was your training from someone on the MPD approved list?

joyd69

Jan 18, 2017
    P.G. County
    I picked up mine from registration IIRC.

Was your training from someone on the MPD approved list?

yes, when down there today give the lady my paper work she told me to have sit. 15 min later give me my paper work back with ccw license and two firearm registration card :cool:

11/13/19 to 02/28/20 (106 days)

Utah=check
    D.C. =check
    Maryland = :sad20:
    now waitin' on Florida's

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    yes, when down there today give the lady my paper work she told me to have sit. 15 min later give me my paper work back with ccw license and two firearm registration card :cool:

Utah=check
    D.C. =check
    now waitin' on Florida's

LOL that sounds about right. There is a special flush of joy when DC registration makes a favorable decision.

Congrats!

neoprodigy

Aug 10, 2015

Utah=check
    D.C. =check
    now waitin' on Florida's

Why Florida? No PA?

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Time to renew for DC carry permit, which requires a 4+2 hour training class. I used MSAR (Mo) originally, but he canceled all classes due to Covid.
    Anyone know the ramifications of not renewing before the permit expires? Repeat the 16 hour class?
    Anyone still doing a class?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    I called and was told that if your permit expires, you can’t carry (duh) but when you do get the renewal training, the renewal will be processed. No starting over.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Getting training is my next hurdle. I’ll be back in the area only on Mar 30 and 31 for awhile.

Jan 15, 2020
    What's the processing time people here are currently experiencing for DC CCW? Thanks!

Going on 6 months. Applied in early March, received preliminary approval mid-July and given 45 days to complete training or my application would be "denied for failure to meet the standards of suitability required". I had to call and speak to supervisor this week to request another 45-day extension to complete training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom