• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jan 25, 2017
    Any good BJJ or MMA places near the Glen Burnie area? I've looked into Conquest, but it's about half an hour away and I was wondering if there's anything closer than that.

I've seen Noel Smith BJJ and there's another place called New Era Martial Arts, has anyone attended either of these training facilities?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Any good BJJ or MMA places near the Glen Burnie area? I've looked into Conquest, but it's about half an hour away and I was wondering if there's anything closer than that.

I've seen Noel Smith BJJ and there's another place called New Era Martial Arts, has anyone attended either of these training facilities?

https://bjjconquest.clickfunnels.com/pre-sale-optin-page
    This is a pretty kickass deal for the new pasadena conquest location.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Did you have any luck?

I'm looking for a place for my almost 5 year old. Will be checking out Mission BJJ in Manchester this week or next.
    No luck, haven't had time to find a place or go back to the same place. Hopefully soon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Yamasaki Academy

I or my kids have trained at Ground Control, Conquest and now Yamasaki academy for 4 years now. Fernando Yamasaki is the highest ranked bjj instructor in the area (6th degree black belt and also highly ranked in judo which is a plus), clean facility and well run. The 3rd degree De La Riva black belt From Conquest Vicente Junior is legit too.

Bjj classes are very expensive (uniform $80 on up),
    rash guards etc etc but where else do you get encouraged to choke the hell out of someone?

Jan 25, 2017
    https://bjjconquest.clickfunnels.com/pre-sale-optin-page
    This is a pretty kickass deal for the new pasadena conquest location.

What's the average price per month around the area?

annnnnd I signed up again. I just couldn't help myself. 100 bucks for access to as many classes of all kinds as you want is an awesome deal. It's also a little closer to me than the millersville location.

Do you happen to know what the typical price around here?

I'm trying to figure out if I can budget for it or not. Thanks!

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Blue belt at Conquest Millersville here

The new pasadena location is pretty cool so far. I've been going to the striking classes with nate grebb. Just opening recently means classes are smaller than they are at the millersville location. When I was at the millersville location working with micah terrill, there'd be 10-12 people there each class, so micah's time was pretty split. So far, we've had about 4-6 people in each class with Nate. Nate's also very good about staying busy providing feedback during each drill. With such a good student/teacher ratio, I'm getting lots of tips and learning quick.

They have a room in the back that isn't set up yet, but they're looking to mount the heavy bags back there soon. As it is now, they've got century versys standing bags to work on. It'll be nice to get the heavy bags up to uncork some strikes. All the pads are brand spanking new though, so we've done some pad work. Again, nate's been good at helping people drill with the pads correctly too. Their traditional boxing coach, wade, runs classes on sat if you just want to work hands.

vwluv10338

Jan 13, 2009
    I have been out sick with bronchitis for the last two weeks so I haven't been able to check out the new Pasadena place. I have been at Millersville for three years now and doing the striking class for about two. Small classes are obviously nice and you never know how many people are going to show up. I figure I will eventually check out the Pasadena location but I didn't sign up for the multiple location deal they were offering but I'm sure right now they don't have an issue with people crossing over so they have some people in each of the classes.

The new pasadena location is pretty cool so far. I've been going to the striking classes with nate grebb. Just opening recently means classes are smaller than they are at the millersville location. When I was at the millersville location working with micah terrill, there'd be 10-12 people there each class, so micah's time was pretty split. So far, we've had about 4-6 people in each class with Nate. Nate's also very good about staying busy providing feedback during each drill. With such a good student/teacher ratio, I'm getting lots of tips and learning quick.

They have a room in the back that isn't set up yet, but they're looking to mount the heavy bags back there soon. As it is now, they've got century versys standing bags to work on. It'll be nice to get the heavy bags up to uncork some strikes. All the pads are brand spanking new though, so we've done some pad work. Again, nate's been good at helping people drill with the pads correctly too. Their traditional boxing coach, wade, runs classes on sat if you just want to work hands.

Sirex