• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

yellowpuma

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2015
    Or maybe that should say the State of MD concedes they are abusing their authority or were incompetent in evaluating the rifle in this case. If you don't know, I had a Sig MCX end up in the possession of MSP in November 2016. When it was to be returned to me they refused, citing it being listed as banned on their website (not a bill) as of July 2015, and I purchased December 2015. Duffy's did some lobbying (even visited MSP in person, thank you) and I did what I could to pressure them for a formal, written document citing the law they are using to refuse returning the rifle.

Instead of the written explanation I requested I got the below.

"Mr. xxxx,

I have attached today’s response from the Maryland Gun Center.

"The Maryland Gun Center was notified last week by Firearms Registration Section that a decision was made to overturn the ban on the Sig Sauer MCX model firearm so long as it does not have a flash suppressor and folding stock. An update to the MSP website is forthcoming."

Your firearm was inspected today and you are eligible to retrieve your firearm. Please contact xxxx at xxx-xxx-xxxx to pick up the rifle within 20 days. Please give me a call with any questions. Thank you."

Never modded or fired it. I don't want to keep it though, so looking to move it. Also contacting Duffy's to see what they can do with it.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    "overturn the ban on the Sig Sauer MCX model firearm so long as it does not have a flash suppressor and folding stock. "

Hate assuming, but does this imply can't have both but one would be good to go?

Last edited by a moderator:

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    "overturn the ban on the Sig Sauer MCX model firearm so long as it does not have a flash suppressor and folding stock. "

Hate assuming, but does this imply can't have both but one would be good to go?

MTBgunworks.com

Falls under the "Copycat" provision, cannot have 3 evil features: Detachable mag; a folding stock; a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or a flash suppressor;

http://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizati...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

Two evil features are ok.

yellowpuma

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2015
    I guess that's what it means. They said a website update is forthcoming in their response. So I'm assuming they will take it down. For now though this message came from a Cpl from Harford County Police Dept. so I feel pretty confident in my case. My MCX does not have a flash hider at this time.

I have it in my possession now but looking to move on. Good news overall though.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I guess that's what it means. They said a website update is forthcoming in their response. So I'm assuming they will take it down. For now though this message came from a Cpl from Harford County Police Dept. so I feel pretty confident in my case. My MCX does not have a flash hider at this time.

I have it in my possession now but looking to move on. Good news overall though.

Last edited by a moderator:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    But I'm told that whatever MSP says is the law in regards to HBAR, so that means the law must have changed...

Lol.

I do wonder what their ban criteria were before. The evil feature thing is easily remedied. It leads one to think that someone involved in the decision thought it was a non-HBAR AR-15, at least this is the charitable interpretation (vs what happened with Bushmaster).

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    How did they come in possession of your firearm? Where you at risk of prosecution? The rifle looks like it is not a mil-spec AR-15 receiver. Is it interchangeable with aR-15 parts?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Your firearm was inspected today and you are eligible to retrieve your firearm"...

Never modded or fired it. I don't want to keep it though, so looking to move on. Also contacting Duffy's to see what they can do with it.

You've already been reprimanded for trying to sell in a thread rather than in the classifieds.

I have it in my possession now but looking to move on .

Stop being a prick and trying to sell in a thread. Grow up, and yes, move on--both you and your problems.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Please ban me you giant dickface. Christ this place is like nazi germany.

Wow, Third Reich? Meltdown much?

No, MDS just has adult guidelines to keep people with no post totals from turning threads into Armslist.

Repeat: grow up...after your mom wakes you from your nap.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    What were the circumstances surrounding the gun ending up in MSP hands? It looks like you had it for a year before they impounded it. Did they threaten prosecution?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Reminds me why MDS is best enjoyed in very small doses at a time.

For the record, here is a PM sent to me by our low-post whiner back on May 19th, and my response:

Rack&Roll said:
    yellowpuma said:
    Just a normal MD, US citizen trying to post something for sale and there is a silly ass 50 post rule. I kind of get it but I don't do a lot of posting, though I know folks from here outside the forum. That rule encourages this behavior. If they want to ban a normal guy meaning no harm more power to them. My rights are trampled enough by the government. I'm used to it.

Dude, without the 50 post rule all sorts of scammers and cheats would be flooding this excellent forum with bogus deals. There are 21,000 other members here who follow the rules. What's your problem with it? Be an upstanding member, or take a hike.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I appreciate the Puma's information regarding MCX guidelines. Hinting that he'd like to sell something isn't the same as posting it for sale IMO. He already stated that he was taking it to Duffy's.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    To share with my fellow MDSers: :popcorn:

Trying to talk to YP: :banghead:

Mods: :bullhorn:

Selling MCX: :deadhorse:

YP's responses: :tantrum:

How I/we feel reading his posts: :whack:

YP's attitude towards rules & mods: :poke:

-John

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I appreciate the Puma's information regarding MCX guidelines. Hinting that he'd like to sell something isn't the same as posting it for sale IMO. He already stated that he was taking it to Duffy's.

There is a history here.

This is the third or fourth time this under-50 post guy has tried to post offers for sale in the threads. That, and trying to junk-post his way to 50 posts in one hour last month put him in the doghouse.

Just two posts per day since then and he would have had 50 by now. It demonstrates he is not interested in anything but himself and his selling strategy.

I don't apologize for pointing this out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom