• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    SAF said:
    “Although our lawsuit complaint cannot be amended,” Gottlieb announced, “we are making Maryland Shall
    Issue an honorary plaintiff. We simply cannot amply express our gratitude to MSI members for their
    generosity.”

As such, MSI members should get head of the line (behind Mr Woolard) for CCW app processing when the lawsuit wins.

Hyper-W

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2010
    Cooksville
    CanDoEZ said:
    As such, MSI members should get head of the line (behind Mr Woolard) for CCW app processing when the lawsuit wins.

So You think that people should get preferential treatment from the government based on membership in an organization or based on money donated?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    So give preferential treatment to a certain group or class? Sounds exactly like what's happening right now.

So You think that people should get preferential treatment from the government based on membership in an organization or based on money donated?

The ones who fight the fight should be at the front. Let the wait and seeers keep up the good work.

So you "fight the fight" in order for you alone to receive your rights, not to see justice and liberty returned to all people? How noble of you :rolleyes:

Oh for God's sake guys.....did you really think CanDoEz was being serious?

Take a deep breath and put aside your indignation. It was a joke.

Relax.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Part of my dis-satisfaction of the NRA stems from indifference to other groups, but also a severe lack of mission. Yeah, we all know the high-level goal ("support the 2A"), but I see nothing else. The SAF polls its members and sets goals accordingly. They are upfront in saying that they are working first and foremost on getting constitutional carry recognized nationwide. Everything they are doing is to get that goal, because this is what their members requested.

The NRA is a bigger group and cannot be quite so limited in their view, but by no means does that imply they cannot work toward the specific things we want. I think the NRA avoids issues like forcing carry on states and localities because they are afraid. They have power because of their relationship with politicians (and our money), but they are afraid to upset politicians too much. Pushing court cases that limit the power of the legislative would upset too many elected types (who want that power for themselves)...so the NRA won't do it.

I think it's a little more sinister then that: If you sell "Boogieman Protection Services", what happens to your business if the Boogieman dies?

The NRA has gone from "freedom fighter" to for-profit business. Maybe it's just me being tinfoil-hatted, but what would be the benefit to the NRA if gun rights were fully restored?

They'd become the NAACP; a national "cause" organization that doesn't realize the struggle is over, and becomes a shell of it's former glory. Maybe the NRA doesn't fight as hard as they should because they know should the fight end with our victory, it could ultimately be the end of their rein.

I think the 2nd Amendment Foundation would be perfectly happy to shut their doors, if the cause was lack of necessity. I don't think the NRA would share that same outlook.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    What do you guys think will happen to all the restricted permits when this suit is won? Will everyone have to reapply, since those restrictions are no longer valid.

The restricted permit is very frustrating. It basically says, "we trust you and feel you are ok to carry, but ..............." Makes you feel like that middle child :-)

Many people are excited and impatient at this point. I appreciate the work of MSI and SAF, we just need to wait this one out.

TD

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    What do you guys think will happen to all the restricted permits when this suit is won? Will everyone have to reapply, since those restrictions are no longer valid.

The restricted permit is very frustrating. It basically says, "we trust you and feel you are ok to carry, but ..............." Makes you feel like that middle child :-)

Many people are excited and impatient at this point. I appreciate the work of MSI and SAF, we just need to wait this one out.

TD

I am pretty sure you have to reapply to upgrade to anything above what you already have because I am pretty sure they will want to maintain some restricted status just for their enjoyment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom