• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Been slow here so I thought I would share something amusing.
    My kid calls me up and says "Some idiot just put me and "@#^%$" (Landowners name withheld) picture/image on Delmarva sika facebook accusing them of trespassing and dragging them through the weeds for being SOB's. They were caught on a trail-cam apparently that was where it shouldn't be in the first place.

Are people really that stupid? So now they have compromised a good spot by breaking the golden rule of thinking they own land that they do not or may only be a guest of and then by posting images publicly. This is why land is so hard to come by on the shore for folks who want to do things the right way and is classroom 101 for anybody to know what not to do.
    Silver Spring MD is where the Einstein hails from and that bunch is really going to be disappointed from here on out because were going to hunt in there now.
    They did remove the pictures after being contacted but that's not going to end the disappointment. Maybe that's what you do to make everything thing OK in facebook land. I don't know, maybe someone could school me on the protocol or the correct etiquette when something like that happens.:)

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I don't know but it would be best just to move along with it. Apparently the guy just had his head up his backside and decided to be a land cop. Once his partners find out he bitched up a good thing though would probably be punishment enough.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    One of the boys just found another camera where it didn't belong. He and the landowners grandson just removed it and left some bait for the absent photographer. They were all tore up, it was pretty funny listening to the half baked pay back strategy. There is lot of the younger generation that is being passed the responsibility of the land management around my way and some of them boys are pretty redneck. Well, not some of them, pretty much all of them, Its seems as if it will be a pretty entertaining year.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    One of the boys just found another camera where it didn't belong. He and the landowners grandson just removed it and left some bait for the absent photographer. They were all tore up, it was pretty funny listening to the half baked pay back strategy. There is lot of the younger generation that is being passed the responsibility of the land management around my way and some of them boys are pretty redneck. Well, not some of them, pretty much all of them, Its seems as if it will be a pretty entertaining year.

Did that 'bait' have a little corn mixed in? :innocent0

:D

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    the guy is putting cameras on private land that is neither his nor he is leasing and thinks its on a neighboring property where he owns or leases?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    the guy is putting cameras on private land that is neither his nor he is leasing and thinks its on a neighboring property where he owns or leases?
    It must just be mission creep because they haven't seen or heard of anyone nearby and the grass may seem greener a little farther "over thata way".
    Besides, that's where the big ones are always at, over that way a little bit.
    Or, they just don't care and missed the part about hunter landowner relations the first night. Everybody is all fired up and ready to get the big one this year but I cant help but wonder if social media is creating some sort of peer pressure or they honestly just don't know where they're at.
    Too many guys on a lease is probably the highest culprit. Newer members having to find a spot away from everyone else and just trying to find a good spot. Throw a camera up, see what you get and use that instead of good scouting techniques, I don't know what the hell people are thinking.

Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    You could mark property lines every 3 feet with stakes and caution tape and they would still cross it to hunt.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I guess so. The law wont do anything but give a warning or not show up until a little while later because their busy. Something else interesting, lots of bucks being found dead. I wonder what it is? Not foul shot, disease. CWD blue tongue, some other malady. I don't know. WT only. Maybe someone else is observing the same thing? Its not lead poisoning.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Certain other bodily secretions could make accessing SD card or changing batteries extremely unpleasant.:innocent0

:lol:

I know if you paint a line around a tree (I think blue but don't quote me on that) it means private property and it is the other persons responsibility to know what it means. Be careful messing with cameras. I have heard about people putting a second camera near one of the cameras to get people on tape messing with their stuff. But you could play that against them and put a camera in a tree near where their camera is after bodily secretions... not that I condone that...:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom